3

Valeria

"What's up with Emily commenting on Vinnie's post yesterday?? And you completely denying the fact that you have feelings for him?" Dixie says to me when I sit down on her bed. I was finally back in L.A after going home to New York for a few days, and my first stop was at her apartment.

"Vinnie doesn't even know that I feel some way about him and I want to keep it that way, especially now. He's all over tiktok and practically everyone talks about him 24/7 and whoever even attempts to take him off the market will get targeted, and I'm not up for that." I tell her truthfully. Since Vinnie became tiktoks new eye candy, I've been trying to steer clear of being around him or even mildly flirting. "Oh that's a load of crap and you know it! You and him would be so perfect! Do you think I let what people said about me and Noah bother me? No."

"First of all, you guys kept your relationship private and people simply wanted better for you after that whole shit show with 'slightly good looking bryce'." I laugh quoting that one tiktok.

Dixie laughs along with me before saying, " True, but people also want better for you after that whole situation with you and Mason in January. You deserve to be happy, and you're not letting yourself get that." Dixie trails off. She was right but I wasn't going to let her know that. When me and my ex, Mason, broke up back in January I was hurting. He was manipulative, abusive and everything was wrong with him. But I loved him and I stayed but it became too much when I went to L.A to visit and all of the girls saw marks on me. They told me I needed to leave him and so I did but when I did, he didn't take it lightly.

My mother and father pressed charges against him and he can't be near me or my family at all...

Last I heard was that he moved from New York so he's the least of my worries, but he played a big part in the scaring of my life. "I don't know. But I don't want to catch feelings for him and then have him like Emily all over... that's gonna piss me off so fucking much." I tell her, rolling onto my stomach. Dixie smacks my butt and we both laugh, as my phone starts to ring.

I turn it over and notice that Vinnie's name lights up the screen with a little orange heart emoji next to it. "The fucking orange heart emoji?!! Oh you like him like him?" Dixie laughs out. The orange heart emoji is my favorite, and only my family members really have that emoji next to it, besides the name of my close friends groupchat. So obviously her seeing this just makes her wanna laugh.

"Hello handsome." I say as I answer the phone, laying back down on the bed. Dixie is behind my phone gawking at me, as she starts to make little kissy faces. I start laughing at her as Vinnie holds a puzzled look on his face. "Dixie was doing something stupid." I say.

His mouth forms into a 'O' before he moves on.

"I missed you... You've been in L.A a whole 48 hrs and you didn't text me back when you got off the plane so I thought you forgot about me." He tells me. A part of my heart melted, because hello he's fucking Vinnie Hacker, almost every girl loves him, but he sounded to cute. "Aww Vinnieee... if I'm being honest I did forget because I was jetlagged. That 3 hour difference from New York does something to me." I laugh out, causing Vinnie to put on a pouty face. "Oh stop that. I answered you now so that should be all that matters right?"

"Yeah but I want to see you. In person, not over the phone." He mumbles into his arm. He was laying down too, and he had on a black hoodie. He looked so comfortable laying down.

"Oooh so it's a date." Dixie pipes up, sending me a evil smirk. My mouth hangs open in shock as I flip her off, hearing Vinnie laughing from my phone. "Yeah something like that." He states, smiling. "You little bitch." I whisper. Dixie mouths a 'You're welcome' before she leaves out the room to answer her phone, which I'm assuming was Noah.  "So what have you been doing for the whole 48 hours you've been ignoring me." Vinnie states sarcastically.