22

chapter twentytwo
proposal

phoenix raye
perspective

"so what shall i wear tonight?" i asked. zara looked up at me as she walked out of the change rooms.

"something nice, but tell Will he doesn't have to wear a suit okay?" she said. i nodded, as my phone started ringing. i grabbed it out of my pocket looking up at zara.

"this is my mum, but ill see you tonight," i said she nodded as i walked out of the locker rooms leaving her in there answering the call. "hey mum," i started, "im good, how are you." i walked over to the elevator, pressing the down button. "im going to lose you im getting into a lift," i said as the doors opened, "ill call you back."

i stepped in hanging up the phone. i pressed the down button as the doors closed opening soon after. i stepped out calling her again. "yeah im out," i said into the phone, "no i just got off work. i have a busy night."

"you ready to go?" Will asked as he caught up to me i nodded before i continued walking, listening to my mum talk. we walked out to his car getting in.

"ok i need to go," i said, "bye i love you." i hung up the phone putting down on my lap. i closed my eyes leaning my head back on the headrest.

"you okay?" he asked. i nodded looking over at him smiling.

"yeah," i said, "you okay?" he smiled, then focused back on the road ahead of us. he turned down one of the streets before he pulled up to our house parking the car. i got out and unlocked the door walking in and dropping my bag by the door.

"what time are we meeting them?" he asked. i checked my watch.

"at about 7," i replied. he nodded before i walked upstairs. i walked into our room, before walking into our adjoined bathroom. i turned the shower on taking my shirt off before William walked into the bathroom.

"What are you wearing?" he asked. i turned to look at him.

"uh, a blue silk dress i think," i answered. he nodded as i turned away looking at him in the mirror. i smiled before turning around and looking at him.

"you wanna join me or something?" i asked. he smiled pulling his shirt on.

"not even any hesitation or anything," i smiled. i continued to get undressed before jumping in the shower him following after me. i turned around to face him wrapping my arms around his neck.

"How was your day?" he asked.

"very long," i smiled "but i wouldn't change it for the world. how was your day?" i pulled away from him grabbing the shampoo bottle, squeezing it in my hand before putting it through my hair.

"its was good, i missed you though," he said. i smiled, before starting to rinse my hair out.

"you saw me throughout the day," i said. he shrugged and brought me close after i washed everything out of my hair. i giggled as he kissed me, i grabbed his waist bringing him closer. we pulled away slightly.

"i love you," he said quickly kissing me again. i smiled as i pulled away, he got out wrapping a towel around him.

"you don't have to wear a suit," i said putting conditioner in my hair.

"i don't have a suit," he said.

i looked back at him, "you don't have a suit?" he shook his head before walking out. i smiled before washing the conditioner out again. i brushed my teeth before washing the rest of my body.