25

chapter twentyfive
edinburgh, united kingdom

phoenix raye
perspective

"im gonna miss you," zara said i smiled as we walked out of the hospital.

"im gonna be gone for a week," i said, "i had it off anyway." Zara walked over to her car as i walked over to Will's car, which was next door.

"yeah, but you not gonna be in town your gonna be upstate," she said.

i smiled, "yeah, but just text me whenever. ill always answer you."

"we're making this sound so depressing," she said. i chuckled before, Will's car unlocked and he walked out. Zara and i said our goodbyes before she got in her car and i got into our car before Will.

"you all packed?" he asked.

"we packed together," i said, "everything's at home." he nodded, before starting the car and driving back home. when we got there he reversed in before we both got out. i left my phone in the car and everything before grabbing the keys from him and unlocking the door.

i left the keys in the door as i walked in and upstairs. i quickly got changed into some blue jeans and a hoodie. i put my hair up in a messy bun, after putting some shoes on. i walked out and downstairs into the kitchen. "Will, baby, you want a coffee?" i asked.

"Please," he replied, walking into the kitchen. i started making a coffee, before his arms wrapped around my waist. he kissed my cheek before i finished making the coffees. i turned around passing it to him before kissing him.

"come on, by the time we get there it'll be like 8 in the morning," i said. he smiled before walking out. we turned all the lights off before walking out. i locked the door before walking over to the car getting in.

"you want any food?" he asked.

i nodded, "please," i said, "you think we can get me another coffee so i have another one?" he looked over at me as he pulled out of the driveway.

"you want two coffees?" he asked.

"yes, the one i made can stay warm, and i can drink the other one," i said, "then when we switch ill be awake and you can sleep."

"fine," he smiled.i kissed his cheek as he turned the radio on. he drove through the empty streets before pulling up to a Mcdonalds. i smiled sitting up straight crossing my legs, on the seat before he pulled into the drive-through.

"Welcome to Mcdonalds, order when your ready," the worker said.

WIll looked at me, "you want what you normally get?"

i nodded before he looked back at the speaker. "can i get 6 hashbrowns, 2 bacon and egg muffins," he started before looking at me, "and 2 black coffees." i smiled at him as they said the price and we drove through. he paid then got handed the food passing it to me, before driving through and started on the way to his parent's house.

"what do you want?" i asked.

"gimme a hashbrown and a bacon and egg thing," he replied. i passed him a hashbrown and he ate it as i held onto his muffin. i grabbed out my three hashbrowns and ate them slowly while he ate his muffin as we talked. we finished the food as we were about 2 hours out from his parent's house.

"pull over, ill drive. you sleep, so i don't have to talk to your parents alone," i said. he smiled as he pulled over.

"my parents love you," he replied.

"i know, but I've only ever talked to them for like 5 minutes each" i smiled. he got out and i moved over getting into the driver's seat. i put my seat belt on looking down at his phone at the directions as i continued driving. 

"so tell me, what i need to know," i smiled.

"ok, they're both surgeons met when my dad moved to her hospital, she was chief and he fell for her," he said, "she got knocked up and had me then they got married, had my sister celeste and have been together ever since."

"so cute," i replied, "now shut up and sleep, ill wake you when we get there." he grabbed my hand and lacing them together as he fell asleep. i finished the second cup of coffee as the sun started to rise. i checked the time seeing it was 7:30, and i had just hit a city.

"hey, i can take over if you want," he said. i looked over at him as i stopped at a red light.

"im good," i answered, "how was your sleep." he smiled before he stretched.

"good, and we're still alive. so that's a plus," he said.

"shut up," i mumbled, "im not a bad driver."

"mhm," he murmured. i smiled as i started driving again soon pulling up into the street. William was sitting up looking at all the giant houses. "this one up on the right," he said.

i nodded pulling into a big brick house, that had an underground carport, and a balcony that wrapped around it. i parked the car on the driveway before, i turned the car off before we got out. i grabbed our bag out as he walked over to the door knocking on it. i looked at him as i locked the car. "This house is huge," i said, "and gorgeous."

"yeah," he said. the door opened and i looked to see his mum.

"hey mum," William said

"baby," she said pulling him in for a hug, "what are you going here, we weren't expecting you for another couple of hours."

"yeah, well i thought we'd get here early," he replied. she looked past him and back at me.

"you must be phoenix," she smiled, "I've heard quite a lot about you."

"nothing bad i hope," i replied.

she smiled, "come in. your dad and sisters out, i was just about to go out and meet some friends for breakfast but i can reschedule if you want." William shook his head as we walked in closing the door behind us.

"no go out, eat," he said before looking at me, "ill take her out and we'll go look around." she nodded before checking her watch.

"i gotta head out now, but ill see you too when i get back," she said before hugging each of us and walking out.

i turned to William after putting the suitcase down by the door. "so what are we doing?" i asked.

"im gonna take you to my favourite place," he said, "the little lighthouse."