17

chapter seventeen
shroomin'

phoenix raye
perspective

hearing one of the pagers go off,  i groaned turning over away from Will grabbing his pager off the bedside table. passing it over to him, i heard him sigh before kissing my shoulder and rolling out of the bed. "lock up when you leave please," he said softly.

"mhm," i mumbled turning onto my stomach hiding the light from my face. hearing the other pager vibrate i sighed before rolling out of bed. i quickly got changed into a grey long sleeve shirt and some blue jeans. William walked out of the bathroom and out of the bedroom and i followed after him walking downstairs.

slipping my shoes on, i walked into the kitchen redoing my hair. "coffee?"

"Please," i mumbled watching him as i redid my hair in a low messy bun. he turned around passing my coffee to me, before grabbing his keys and walking out of the house. i shut the door before getting into his car, grabbing out my hospital Id from his glove compartment he pulled out of the driveway towards the hospital.

i walked through the hospital behind William and Christina, as Samantha lead us towards the emergency room. "Sinclair, Miller's with your patient. Beers and Raye your patient is in trauma one. we have a 15-year-old female, she fell off the roof of her house. now i think that-"

"she's gonna be okay, right?" her mum asked frantically as we walked into the emergency room, "please i just need to know, is she gonna be okay?"

 "-and this is her mother. Mrs Boyd, i need to bring Dr. Beers and Dr. Raye up to speed."

"she's never been in an accident, she has never even broken any bones."

"oh, you paged me here at 4.00 am for a couple of broken bones?" Christina questioned looking away from her mum, looking at me quickly before looking at sam.

"more like 50." we walked in stopping quickly at the foot of the bed, looking over at the teenage girl in the bed. her legs looked bruised and there was a nurse standing next to her cleaning out the open wounds that a bone had caused. Sam walked away and Christina looked over at me, "we need to get her to the OR now."

i nodded helping her before we left the emergency room rushing down towards the elevator. "get another unit of packed cells, and meet me in the OR," she said to a nurse.  

she nodded rushing away from the bed and into one of the hallways as William came rushing out with Alex pushing the bed before Will spoke, "we need the OR!"

"We need it too, we're already on our way."

"there's only one prepped this time of night."

"Which is why we need it."

"mines got a subdural."

"50 broken bones!"

"stroke in the womb!"

we started to speed up before a nurse walked out opening a door which caused us to stop and William and Alex to continue running towards the elevator. "all right," Christina sighed, "get another OR ready now." taking a break slightly, she stood there before the nurse came back and nodded at us and we made out well towards the elevator again.

walking out of the theatre, i pulled the mask off putting it in a bin and walking out of the scrub room. i got into the elevator going down to the ground floor. as the door opens i made my way towards the coffee cart quickly buying two coffees.