01

chapter one
the truth

phoenix raye
perspective

"have you told Oliver yet?" looking over at my best friend, i shook my head. "no, i don't quite know how to tell him and break the bad news," i said looking down at my workbook.

she looked over at me before speaking, "just be like, hey baby im not attending college in the states with you any more times have changed." i looked over up at her before leaning back in my seat, folding my arms over my chest.

i sighed before sitting up straight keeping my arms folded over my chest. "i cant do that. I'm not that type of person, okay. I've been with him for 4 years and i love him. I'm not gonna say that, because its heartless and he deserves some sort of closure, Britney." she groaned sinking back into her seat. "where did you get accepted anyway?" i asked looking at her.

she sat up straight, looking over at me. "i got into film studies at Stanford," she said proudly with a smile.

"seriously?" i questioned and she nodded.  smiling i pulled her into a hug, "oh my god, I'm so proud of you."

she started to pull away from me, "hey its not as good as oxford university for medicine, but its something," she said in one tone and i looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"you serious? you got into your dream college with your dream course, Britney, im so fucking proud of you," i said with a straight face and she stood up quickly.

"ill see you at lunch?" she questioned and i nodded then she walked out as i stood up and walked out of the classroom. i walked out after her and down to my human biology class.

i packed my books up putting them in my bag then i walked up to the teacher's desk, i looked down at her as she was typing on her computer. "phoneix what can i do for you?" she asked, as she continued typing on her computer. 

"thank you for writing that letter of recommendation for oxford, i got in," i said smiling as she looked up at me before standing up.

"you got in?" she asked curiously.

"yeah i did, so thank you," i replied, as she looked slightly down at me.

"i hadn't had the chance to write one out yet, I've been so busy. so i forgot" she explained quickly, as my smile slowly dropped

"so you mean i got in on my own?" i said as she nodded

"seems like you did," she said smiling at me

"ok well i gotta go, but um thank you" i replied as i tapped her desk. she smiled then i walked out and down to the cafeteria, i wrapped my arms around Oliver's neck kissing his cheek. "hey, baby" i smiled, as i pulled away. he turned around looking at me smiling.

"hey beautiful, you ready?" he replied. i nodded then, he grabbed my hand as i said bye to my best friend grabbing my bag sliding it over my shoulder.