35

chapter thirtyfive
merry christmas eve!

Phoenix Raye
Perspective

"hey, guess what," i said walking into our room

"What?" he replied pulling a plain white shirt over his toned body. i looked up at him and smiled watching him.

"uh- i bought the car."  he looked over at me and smiled, as he put his glasses back on. he walked towards me and hugged me lifting me off the ground. i giggled as i wrapped my arms around his neck.

"first car?"

i nodded, "i feel like your more excited than i am." he put me down, and smiled down at me.

"how you feeling? anything sore?"

he shook his head, "as i said before. I'm fine. I'm back." i smiled at him before he pushed me towards the bathroom. "shower, your stinky and we don't want to be late." i flipped him off before shutting the door, turning the shower on getting in soon after.

i shaved everything that needed it before getting out and drying my body. i walked out seeing our bedroom empty before slipping on a little black dress, before putting on some heels. i brushed my hair, straightening it, doing light makeup, and putting my rings, necklace, and earrings back on.

i walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone before walking downstairs seeing William sitting on the couch, in front of the Christmas tree, on his phone. i walked into the lounge room, and stood in front of will, wrapping my arms around his neck, putting my hands on either side of his face.

"you look handsome," I smiled. he looked up at me before standing up, kissing me. i smiled before pulling away slightly. "you got the presents?"

he nodded before I let go of him, "yeah they're in the car." I smiled before, starting to walk out to the car. i picked up the presents, before getting in, William getting in the driver's side. he started the car driving towards Leo and Zara's house.

he pulled up, parking in the driveway behind their two cars. i took my seatbelt off, getting out holding the small presents in my hand. i closed the door walking up towards the front door, with William behind me. i knocked on the door and it opened soon after. "hey."

I looked up seeing zara. i smiled before walking in. "hey, merry Christmas."

she smiled, "Merry Christmas. dinner is almost done, and there are drinks just in there." she pointed into the dining room, at a cabinet and I nodded before walking further in. i walked into the kitchen before putting the two presents on the kitchen counter.

i smiled seeing Leo putting the food onto plates before looking up at me. "hey, Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas," i smiled before looking down at my presents, "where to put the presents?" he pointed to the small Christmas tree in the dining room and i nodded standing up. i walked into the dining room, walking past zara, who was walking into the kitchen. i put the presents under the tree with theirs. 

"you drinking tonight?" i nodded slightly before turning around to Will who was holding a whiskey in his hands before i took it off him.

"you on-call tonight?" he nodded before zara and Leo walked in with plates in their hands. i smiled before sitting down at the table with William next to me, and zara and Leo opposite us. 

"lets eat." i smiled before grabbing my fork and knife from the middle of the table starting to dig in.

"i- this was amazing." the two smiled, as will and i stood up grabbing the plates putting them in the kitchen sink.

"we ready for presents?" i turned around and walked back into the dining room, seeing zara and Leo holding the presents in their hands putting them on the table. i sat down at the table looking at the two. Will came up behind me, both hands on the chair leaning on it. someone's phone went off and i checked mine before looking back at Will.

"that's mine, I'm being paged."

"go," i said.

"presents first."  i smiled before looking back at presents before zara passed me mine.

"that is from both of us," she smiled, "but mainly me." i opened it quickly, seeing a small tiffany and co box. i slowly opened the box, seeing two sets of silver earrings; silver small diamond studs and silver sleepers. i looked up at zara, smiling softly.

"thank you." she smiled before sliding the present she got William across the table. i picked it up, passing it backwards toward Will who opened it. i looked back at him as he saw a small jewellery box, before opening it. i smiled as he pulled out a silver chain, before looking at the two. 

"thank you."

"looked like you needed a new one."

i nodded, "yeah. i accidentally broke it."

zara smiled as i pointed to the three presents we bought for them. "top two are for you," i said to zara, "other ones for Leo."

she nodded before quickly passing leo's one to him, before opening the other two. i watched Leo as he opened the small box seeing a nice watch inside. "woah- thank you."

i nodded before looking over at zara who opened one of the boxes seeing a small box. she opened the box seeing a silver necklace, that had a small 'Z' pendant attached. "that ones from us," i smiled, "and the other ones from me."

she opened the other present, seeing another jewellery box opening it seeing a silver bracelet. i looked down at my wrist seeing the same silver chain bracelet on my wrist. i stood up as she smiled before looking up at me. she stood up pulling me into a hug holding me tightly. i smiled before pulling away looking at her.

"now we should go, but merry Christmas you two," i smiled grabbing my phone off the table. she nodded before they walked us out of their house. i got into the passenger's seat, as he got into the driver's side starting the car. i leaned back in the seat kicking my shoes off as he drove off.

"thank you for coming to that, tonight." he looked over at me smiling quickly.

"it wasn't that bad. plus i got a present so." i smiled slightly closing my eyes, before letting a deep breath out.

"were closer to the hospital, just go, I'll find something to do." he looked over at me before stopping at a set of lights. 

"Are you sure?"

i nodded, "yeah. ill check on some patients or something." he smiled before leaning over and kissing my cheek.

"do you know who's on tonight?"

"Nope," he said, "well, Eli and Alex left for their honeymoon, but i do know sams on for trauma, and Christina is likely here so if you get bored you can help in the ER."

 i nodded before closing my eyes again, "wake me when we get there."