Chapter Twenty-Eight - Tattoos

~

A/N - Make sure you've read 'Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Distance' before this one! This is a double update!!

~

Reece's POV

~

"That looks sick," I murmur, leaning in closer to Liam's arm as I look at the freshly done tattoo. It's of three small dragons. Anna drew them for him. It looks awesome.

"It does, I'm really happy with it," Liam turns to my dad and smiles, "Thanks, Mr Carter

"It does, I'm really happy with it," Liam turns to my dad and smiles, "Thanks, Mr Carter."

Dad smiles, "Of course, glad you like it," He then turns to me and grins, "Now it's your turn. What'll it be this time?"

I smile slightly, taking a seat on the chair, "A bird. One of Anna's again."

"Of course," He nods, taking the paper that I hand to him. He whistles lowly, "My girl's drawings just keep getting better."

I smile wider, pride welling up in my chest for her, "I know, right?"

He hums, looking it over, "Where do you want it?"

"My ribs," I reply, pointing to my left side.

"And this size?" He asks, rolling his chair over to his desk to set up the tattoo gun with a new needle for my piece.

I nod, "Yup," I take my shirt off and chuck it at Liam's face as I lie down on the chair, already knowing the drill. Dad slides back over to me after he's traced the sketch onto a piece of paper with blue temporary ink that would be transferred to my skin for him to use as a guide.

First, he wipes down the area and makes sure of the placing before sticking the sheet to my skin. He makes sure it's all pressed down before peeling it back, revealing the blue outline. I look down at it and grin. It's gonna look sick.

"You happy with that placement?" He asks and I nod immediately. My dad is an amazing tattoo artist and he has a really good eye. He always gets them in the place I want first try. He seems to always get the visions I have for my designs and gives me the exact tattoos that I want. He's just that good.

The buzz of the tattoo gun fills the air and I let the sound consume me. After I got my first tattoo, I became addicted. I can't get enough. It hurts a little, depending on where I get the tattoos, but I've gotten used to the pain. I know this tattoo will hurt pretty bad. The ribs are one of the worst places. My neck was also pretty painful.

The tattoo that I'm getting done is going to need to be done over two one-hour sessions. Today's will just be the outline and then I'll do another in about a week. It isn't a huge tattoo, but it has quite a bit of detail and shading, so it will take some time.