Chapter Thirty - To Be Holding Her Again

~

Reece's POV

~

She's here. It feels so good to be holding her again. For the first time in what feels like forever, she's close enough for me to touch her.

She's so, so close. Less than an inch away from me. Our lips are near touching. One slight tilt of my head downwards, and they would meet. God, I want to kiss her. I really, really want to. So badly. But I know I can't. I'll never get the chance. Because it will only ruin everything. I would get one small moment of bliss before she pushes me away and tells me she doesn't feel the same. And that would crush me.

Which is why, instead of tilting my head forward, I move my head down, resting it in the crook of her neck. I inhale her vanilla scent deeply, storing it away in my memory. I move my hands down to her waist and use that hold to pull her closer. She easily obliges, shuffling towards me slightly and threading her hands through my hair.

"You're wearing my hoodie," I murmur, squeezing her waist slightly for emphasis. A slow smirk creeps onto my face. She's wearing my clothes. Mine. I don't know why, but that makes my insides light up.

She hums softly, grazing her nails down the nape of my neck and slightly under the top of my t-shirt. A shiver rolls down my spine. That feels so fúcking good. If I were a cat I would definitely be purring right now. Dámn. I'm taking her back home with me. "It reminds me of you," She murmurs and it takes me a second to remember what the hell we're talking about. My hoodie.

I grin against the bare skin of her neck, "Were you missing me, Sunshine?"

She scoffs quietly, threading her fingers up through my hair before trailing them back down again. "Of course I was, don't be silly."

My grin only widens and I hold her waist tighter. I love it when she says she misses me. It makes me feel like I'm on cloud fúcking nine. I whisper my next words quietly, so that only she can hear me. "I missed you too."

Her shiver makes me smile. At least I affect her the same way she affects me.

Suddenly she pulls away slightly, staring at me with narrowed eyes, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

I smile sheepishly, linking my hands together behind her back in hopes of stopping her from moving too far away from me. "Everyone else wanted to keep it a surprise. It's been a lot harder than I thought it would be because all I wanted to do was talk to you about it, but I couldn't. That's why I told you that I was doing all those extra hours at the gym. I needed to cut down our talking time, otherwise I'd end up spilling everything to you."

"Aww," She coos softly, moving her hands to cup my jaw softly, "That's cute."

I sigh softly, a content smile playing on my lips. "Of course you think that."

She smiles, moving her fingers to poke both of my dimples, "I love your dimples."

I pause for a second before lifting my own hand up hesitantly. I gently brush my thumb over her bottom lip, not able to drag my eyes away from it. "I love your smile."

Her smile widens into a gorgeous grin at my words. She takes both my hands in hers, slowly stepping back away from me. I want to protest and pull her back to me, but I don't. She's choosing to move away from me and I don't want to make her feel like she has to stay right by me all the time. Even though I would love that.

She drops one of my hands and uses the other to pull me towards her living room. Liam and Anna have now moved into the room, taking up one of the couches. Max and Bella have joined them as well, sitting on the other couch, while I can see Laura – Layla's mom – in the kitchen. Anna motions for Layla to join her on the couch. Not wanting to be too far away from her now that I just got her back, I follow, sitting down on the floor in front of her legs once she is sitting.