Bonus chapter - Proposal (18+)

~

Reece's POV

~

Three Years Before Epilogue

~

Six years.

Layla and I have been together for six. Fúcking. Years.

Best six years of my life.

And I'm finally ready to take the next step in our relationship.

"Reece, I don't care how long we've been together for, I'm not peeing in front of you."

I let out an exasperated groan, tossing my head back. "Sunshine, we need to leave in five minutes, and I need get ready."

"Yeah, well maybe you should have thought about that earlier." She sasses back from the other side of the bathroom door.

A frustrated sigh leaves me, "Baby, I really couldn't help it. You were more than willing as well."

"Just because I want to have sex, doesn't mean I won't listen to reason! I didn't know what time it was!"

"You think I care about the time when you're moaning like that? Fúck no!"

"Reece!"

"What?" I laugh, picturing the blush covering her cheeks. I hear the toilet flush and let out a sigh of relief.

A few moments later, the door opens, and a still-red-faced Layla faces me, pouting slightly. "You can't say things like that, Reece."

"You want me to lie and say you weren't screaming my name as I-" The rest of my sentence is muffled by her hand that clamps over my mouth, preventing me from continuing.

"Finish that sentence and you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight." She stares me down pointedly and my eyes widen slightly. When I remain quiet for a few seconds, she slowly takes her hand away from my mouth.

I smirk. "You know, you're really hot when you're angry."

"Reece Carter!"

I laugh to myself, escaping the little blonde monster and slipping into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I can hear her huff of frustration through the door, and it only makes it harder to contain my laughter. Her little feet stomp away, and I manage to control my amusement long enough to get ready for the day. It's a Saturday today, so Layla and I aren't working. We're meeting Liam, Anna, Amanda, and Mark for lunch downtown, but we're already running late.

I finish up in the bathroom and walk back into the bedroom in time to catch Layla struggling to zip up her dress. She's wearing a little sundress that's flowy and short and it's my favorite color. She damn well knows what she's doing.