Chapter Sixteen - Too Much Trouble

~

Layla's POV

~

Reece leads me through the mass of dancing bodies, and I try to stay close behind him. At some point, I lose my grip on his hand and suddenly I can no longer see him ahead of me. I frown and continue walking in the direction that he'd been leading me, hoping to just meet him by the food.

Unfortunately, that plan is cut short by a firm grip on my wrist pulling me into a chest. The hands that grip my waist definitely aren't Reece's. I don't recognize them at all. I look up and lock gazes with a pair of blue eyes. But they aren't a comforting turquoise blue like Reece's. These are cold and icy and cruel.

They belong to Tyler Bishop.

"Hey, Sweetheart," He says, hands gripping my hips tightly. I squirm and try to get out of his hold, but he's too strong.

"Let me go," I mutter, bringing my hands up and pushing at his chest.

He shakes his head and tuts as his grip tightens on me almost painfully. "I just want to dance."

I glare at him and once again try to get away from him. "Well, I don't. Especially not with you. Now let go of me."

His hands grip my sides even tighter making me wince. His fingers dig into my hips painfully and I have no doubt that it will bruise.

I hiss, "You're hurting me."

Tyler hums and sways slightly like nothing is wrong, "And I'm hurting your little boyfriend too."

My glare turns harsher and I stiffen in his arms, "Reece? What do you mean you're hurting him? What are you doing to him?" I whip my head around to try and find Reece, not even bothering to correct him when he calls him my boyfriend.

He chuckles darkly and shakes his head, "Oh, I'm not doing anything to him directly. But he seems to have taken quite a liking to you. Which is unusual because he doesn't get close to anyone. So, hurting you, Buttercup, will effectively hurt him."

"You're sick," I snarl and thrash in his arms again.

He grins deviously, "I'm not the one who punches things for fun."

Before I can give him a piece of my mind, a thankfully calm and familiar voice cuts through the air. 

"Leave her alone," Reece's deep voice comes from not too far behind me and I try to turn to see him, but it's difficult because of Tyler's grip on me. His hands tighten on my waist further and I wince.

"Now, why would I do that?" Tyler teases, hands moving down lower. I stiffen as he brings his lips closer to my ear, "She looks incredibly delicious in this dress and I'd quite like a taste."

Disgust fills my veins and I once again attempt to push away from him. This time, he lets me, and I immediately turn, stepping into Reece's awaiting arms. He lets out a small sigh of relief once he's holding me. My arms curl around his waist, underneath his suit jacket. 

"Are you alright, Sunshine?" He murmurs softly next to my ear.

I shiver slightly and nod, burying my face into his chest.

"I've told you this before Tyler, stop messing with me," Reece growls lowly, arms wrapping around me protectively.

I don't need to turn around to know that Tyler is smirking when he replies, "I was just having a little fun. Don't keep her all to yourself, Reece."