Chapter Two - Periods & Boy Problems

~

Layla's POV

~

"Open up your eyes, shut your mouth and see

That I'm still the only one who's been in love with me

I'll guess I'll be getting you stuck in between my teeth

And there's nothing I can do about it"

I nod my head along to the beat of the song, singing along to the lyrics as they play loudly throughout my car.

"Broke a finger knocking on your bedroom door

I got splinters in my knuckles crawling across the floor

Couldn't take you home to mother in a skirt that short

But I think that's what I like about it"

My fingers tap out the drum beat against the steering wheel as I pull up to a red light.

"She's an angel

Only angel

She's an angel

My only angel"

The light turns green and I drive on, nearing my destination of the grocery store closest to my house.

"I must admit I thought I'd like to make you mine

As I went about my business through the warning signs

End up meeting in the hallway every single time

And there's nothing we can do about it

Told it to her brother and she told it to me

That she's gonna be angel, just you wait and see

When it turns out she's a devil in between the sheets

And there's nothing she can do about it

Hey, hey"

I pulls into the parking lot of the grocery store and quickly find a parking spot, swinging into it.

She's an angel

Only angel

She's an angel

My only angel-"

I pull my key out of the ignition and the car rumbles to a stop, the music cutting off as well. Grabbing my phone, my wallet, and my keys, I open my car door and step out before making my way towards the entrance of the grocery store.

I look like a real mess right now with no makeup, a messy bun, and sweats, but I can't find it in myself to care. I have started my period this afternoon, as if to make my day that much worse. After getting a bad grade on my English assignment, mother nature decides to give me a kick in the gut as well.

I walk towards the confectionary aisle and immediately pick out two packets of wild berry Skittles. They're my favorites. Once I have acquired those, I head towards the sanitary products. I enter the aisle and paused mid-step, unsure if I am actually seeing correctly. Because I swear Reece Carter is standing in front of me right now.

Shít.

I just have to see someone from school here, don't I? Just my luck. When I look like total trash, of course the 'bad boy' shows up.