Final Author's Note

So... Congratulations for making it to the end of His Sunshine! Thank you so much for reading my story and supporting me and my writing! You have no idea how much your support means to me!

There are a few things I want to cover in this Author's note, so stick with me.

First of all, this is my first full-length book that I've fully completed and published on Wattpad!!! I have a couple short stories on my profile, but this is the first novel I've finished. If you were a follower before His Sunshine, you might know of Reasons to Hate You and the sequel, Reasons to Love You. I did finish the first book and had started the second book, but I ended up taking them down while I was in the middle of writing the sequel. I had been writing that book on and off for a couple years. When I looked back on it, I realised how terrible the first book really was. I tried to re-write it and save the story, but I ultimately decided to take it down. This story had been in the works since the middle of 2018 and I was more than ready to move on from that failed story.

So, I scrapped that series and instead turned to His Sunshine. As I mentioned, I first had the idea for this story in early 2018 and I finally gave in and opened up a brand new document for this story on the 27th of May 2018. Originally, this was going to be a two-book series - the first being about Reece and Layla (the bad boy and the good girl) and the second about a bad girl and a good boy. That idea was scrapped not long into the planning of this story. I loved the characters of this story so much that I went down a completely different route. I will say a bit more about that in a moment.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier that I made the decision to write out this idea because after two years of writing on and off, I got here. With a completed novel and more on the way. Clearly I got sidetracked sometimes and came out with two unrelated short stories as well. But we got there in the end.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the story! Or, if there is a specific bonus chapter that you would be interested in reading, let me know and I'll see what I can do! I don't want to let go of Layla and Reece just yet either, so I'd be happy to write more about them!

But, for now, this is the end of Layla and Reece's story. They will not be getting a sequel, unfortunately. I feel that their story is now complete, so I don't think they need another book.

However, the same cannot be said for the other characters from His Sunshine.

From the moment I started creating the Carter family, I knew that I would fall in love with each and every one of them. And I hope you did too. The more I wrote, the more I wondered what would happen to each of them in the future. Where would their lives take them? Who would they end up with? So...

They're getting their own story!

Each of the Carter's will not be getting a full-length story, but instead they will have their own mini-story in my next book called The Carters.

This story will be broken down into five parts to tell the love stories of the remaining five Carter siblings

This story will be broken down into five parts to tell the love stories of the remaining five Carter siblings. Each story will be about five or six chapters long, so the whole book will be between 25-30 chapters. I really hope you stick around to read this one! It features some of my favourite scenes that I've ever written! I love love love this story and I hope you will love it too.

I have not finished writing this book yet, so I will only be updating once a week once I start publishing. This is just to give me some extra time to write because I have school and work to focus on as well. But most of the book is already written, so the updates will be consistent. The first chapter will be up on the 26TH OF FEBRUARY and I will be updating EVERY FRIDAY. Stay tuned for that book!

More exciting news! After a lot of thinking and a lot of daydreaming and getting lost in my thoughts way too many times a day, I have fallen in love with a couple more characters from His Sunshine. You didn't see much of them, but in my head they have flourished and I know I need to get their story out to the world as well. So...

The Carter parents are getting their own story!

Novah and Lucas stole my heart so quick and I've fallen in love with them. I've written the first few chapters of their story and I am loving it so far! This book probably won't be as long as His Sunshine and will only be about 25 chapters long. But I absolutely love the chemistry between the characters already!

Introducing... Her Bad Boy!

This might be a little unexpected, but once I got this idea in my head, I couldn't get it out

This might be a little unexpected, but once I got this idea in my head, I couldn't get it out. I know I did the series a little backwards, but once all three books are complete, the order will be Her Bad Boy first, then His Sunshine, and finally The Carters. Of course, Novah and Lucas' story does not have to be read before Layla and Reece's, but chronologically, Her Bad Boy comes first.

This story will be released after The Carters is completed. I'm not sure what the update schedule will look like for this one - it will depend how much of it I write before The Carters is finished. If everything goes to plan, updates should start sometime during September of this year. I am really excited to share this story with you and I can't wait to start writing more!

Apart from this series, I have a few other projects in the works, but my main focus is on the Carter family for the time being. Thank you once again for reading my story and sticking with me through this journey! I love you so much and I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

If you're looking for more books to read, my two short stories, Stray and Smile are completed and I would love if you gave them some love as well!

Thank you so much once again! Have a wonderful day!

~ Pink Flamingo