Chapter Forty-Four - One Month

~

Layla's POV

~

Skipping up the familiar front porch steps, I stop in front of the front door and knock thrice. After waiting only a few seconds, the door opens and a smiling Novah greets me.

"Layla, sweetheart, come in. How are you?" She gives me a quick hug which I gladly return before she steps back and allows me to slip past her.

"I'm good! How are you, Novah?" I reply as she closes the door and I begin slipping off my shoes.

"I'm great, hun. I'm cooking up some mac n' cheese tonight if you want to stay for dinner?" She offers kindly.

"Oh, that would be great, thank you! Your cooking's the best." I tell her honestly as I hang my coat on the coatrack by the door.

She laughs and waves me off, "You're too sweet. Reece is in his room if you want to go straight through and see him. Liam and Anna have just left to take the kids to the park."

"Thanks, Novah." I tell her with a smile before walking down the hallway and going through to Reece's room. His door is closed when I get there, so I knock a couple times to see if I can go in.

I hear his faint "come in" from the other side of the door and do as he says, opening the door and letting myself inside. I smile when I see him in just a pair of grey sweatpants with no shirt, standing by his dresser and putting his laundry away.

He looks over at me and grins, stopping what he's doing immediately to come over to me. I'm expecting it, but I still squeal when he picks me up off the ground in a hug. He chuckles deeply, placing me back on the floor but not letting go. He has a wide smile on his face as he looks down at me and that smile only widens when I lean up and connect our lips in a kiss.

He hums, squeezing my waist gently in his hands before pulling away. "Hey, Sunshine." He murmurs softly, placing a small kiss to my nose as he speaks.

I grin back, hooking my arms around his neck and leaning back from him slightly. "Hi."

He leans in again, silently asking for permission with his eyes and I gladly give it to him, pressing my lips against his again. And there's that fluttery feeling in my stomach again. This man will be the death of me.

We pull away after a moment and I finally detach myself from him, walking further into his room. "Do you need help putting that stuff away?" I ask, nodding to his drawers.

He shakes his head, "Nah, I only have a couple more things to put away. You can find something for us to watch on Netflix."

I grin and gladly jump onto his bed, immediately snuggling myself under his covers. I grab his laptop from his nightstand and turn it on, putting in the password before going onto Netflix. I start scrolling through the movies as I wait for Reece to join me.

Not a minute later, Reece sneaks in under the covers beside me, gently curling his arm around my waist to pull me to him. I gladly oblige, slipping between his legs and resting my back against his chest as I continue looking for a movie.

"Have you ever seen Me Before You?" I ask, turning my head to look up at him.

He scrunches his nose up adorably and shakes his head. "No, what's it about?"

I grin, clicking on the movie and resting it further down my legs as it begins to play, "Trust me, it's good. You'll see."

He lets out a content sigh, resting his head on my shoulder, "If you say so."