Chapter Thirty-Three - Her Realization

~

Layla's POV

~

He got a tattoo for me. A permanent tattoo that will stay on his body forever. He's so dámn precious. And I think I maybe kind of might really have some major feelings for him perhaps.

I know, I know, he's my best friend and that's so cliché. But can you really blame me? He's perfect in practically every way. He got a tattoo for me for fúcks sake. How can I not fall for him when he does adorable things like that?

Thing is though, I can't tell if he feels the same way. He has a tattoo for Liam and tattoos for the rest of his family, so maybe this is like that. Just for his best friend. Not because he likes me.

So, obviously, I'm just going to silently pine over him for the rest of my life.

Yay.

Today has been perfect. After opening our presents this morning, we cooked a huge breakfast and ate it together. Bella and I had a FaceTime call with Dad afterwards and we got to see him and Mack. Reece, Anna, Liam, and Max called the rest of the Carters as well and I said hello to them all. Then we all FaceTimed Amanda who is spending her Christmas with Mark at her house.

But the best thing is that she told us they're coming to New York as well! Mark has family in New York, so he was planning on coming here for New Year's anyway. So Amanda decided she would join him so they can both come visit us.

For the rest of the day, we played board games and watched Christmas movies before having Christmas ham for dinner which I helped Mom cook.

And now I'm standing here in my room on Christmas night, hugging the boy that I have feelings for. Wearing the necklace he bought me. After he showed me the tattoo he got for me. Can this day get any better?

"Hey, Sunshine," Reece murmurs suddenly, his deep voice filling the air. I hum softly, letting him know that I'm listening. "Are you sure you're okay with the whole tattoo thing? I know it's kind of a lot, but-"

"Reece," I move my head back from his chest and look up at him, "First of all, I love the tattoo and I love that I mean so much to you for you to even want to get a tattoo for me. And second of all, it's your body and only you get to decide what you want to get tattooed. It's just a bonus that I happen to love it."

He nods, smiling down at me softly. Dammit, those dimples get me every time. I rest my head back on his chest, this time on the right side so that I can trace the tattoo. It really is beautiful. It's simple with only a little shading. It fits perfectly between the rest of the artwork on his chest. Like it's meant to be there.

Reece tightens his arms around my waist, thumbs rubbing gentle circles on my hips through the fabric of his hoodie that I'm wearing. I want to stay here in his arms forever.

"Hey, guys," Liam walks into the room but stops when he sees us. A smirk lifts his lips, "So you finally told her."

Reece tenses, "Yes. I showed her the tattoo."

Liam's face falls for a second before he continues, "Right. Anyway, everyone's heading to bed now, I just thought I'd let you guys know. Also, Anna is sleeping in our room tonight."

"Why?" Reece asks, eyebrows furrowed.

Liam grins, looking cheeky and sheepish all at once, "She wants to cuddle."

Reece sighs, "Okay. Tell everyone goodnight from us." He wraps his arms tighter around me. I smile. I don't want to move right now.

Liam nods and heads back out of the room, closing the door behind him. I sigh quietly, pulling away from Reece slightly to look up into his eyes. "Are you ready to head to bed?"