Chapter 7- Power off

For fuck sake Nick, George thought as he shut off his phone and fell back onto his messy bed.
Deep down George knows it's wrong, to pretend to be someone else and lead Dream on but it's the only way that he can see if Dream would ever love him for him.
A knock at the front door echoed through the house and woke George up from his daydreams.
Who could that be?
After unlocking the door and cautiously opining it, just enough to see out. He locked eyes with his mother.

'Mom, what are you doing here?'
'Oh i just thought i'd pop by'
George opened the door wider to allow his mom in.
'Oh goodness you look a mess! When was the last time you showered?'
'Mom i'm fine I just woke up'
As his mum made a cup of tea in the kitchen, George creeped his way upstairs to his room.
His let out a sigh of relief as he silently closed his door.

The computer monitor illuminated his dark, unorganised room. He sat on his old worn out desk chair and logged back onto discord. He was supposed to talk with Dream as Grace again today. Though with his mom in the house that might make things difficult. He sat in a call waiting patiently for Dream to join. With the voice changer activated, he was ready.

Suddenly, the ding sound filled George's ears. Dream had joined the call.
D- 'Hello, how are you'
G- 'Hi, i'm pretty well'
D- 'That's wonderful, um, can I tell you something?
George's heart dropped, did he finally figure it out?
G- 'Yeah of corse you can tell me anything.'
D- 'So iv been thinking, over the last few weeks of talking, we have gotten to know each other quite well.'
G- 'mhm'
D- 'And um I was wondering if you would consider making this more of an exclusive relationship, I-I really like you Grace, and I haven't felt this way about someone in a long time.'
George's face lit up, Dream really dose love him. His personality made Dream fall for him!
Just a few more weeks of now a relationship and I'll finally tell Dream that it's me that he's dating.
G- 'Of corse! I fell the same I haven't ever felt the way I-'
*Power off*
I do for you with anyone else before.'
The call went silent.
D- George?