Chapter 16 - Buzz

That night, the golden glow of the streetlamps irradiated the outer London side street. Georges hands were placed hooked together in his hoodie pocket to keep them warm, and Dream, who still wasn't used to the England chill had his glove encased hands inside his sweater. The light reflected onto his dusty blond hair giving it a golden appearance that George couldn't take his eyes off of.

'So, where do you want to eat.' Dream brakes the comforting silence between the two.

George takes a moment to respond 'Steak sounds pretty good about now, what do you think?'

'Steak sounds perfect.' Dream responds with a wink.

They both sit down at the overly expensive restaurant on a small table in the far back corner, away from everyone else as per Dreams request.

'How many more days are you staying in England for?' George asked as he pored a glass of water.

'Oh, my plane ticket is for the 16th, Wednesday.' The shocked expression on Georges face caught Dream a little off guard. 'But I can cancel and reschedule if need be.'

The buzz from Dreams phone interrupted George as he was about to reply. Dream picked up his phone with a faster pace then usual, as if he was expecting something privet. George watches his eyes widen as Dream read whatever message he just received.

'What was that about?' George asked lightly as Dream put his phone in his pocket.

'Oh nothing, just um my mom.' He replied uncomfortably.

'Huh. ok.' George clenched his jaw. Why is Dream hiding that from me, was it really his mom?

Thoughts whizzed around Georges mind like race cars on the track. George had a history of overthinking the most minor situations but this time felt different. Something was definitely going on. 

----------------------------------------------------

As Dream hands the waiter the bill at the end of their little dinner date, George notices that Dreams phone had fallen out of his pocket and was lying on the booth where he was previously seated. Cautiously while picking it up George read through the unopened notifications on Dreams lock screen. It displayed three unread text messaged from Sapnap, each one stating different reasons why Dream should come back to Florida. why on earth dose Sapnap want Dream back in America so much?