Chapter 9- I love you

George woke up abruptly to the sounds of the bustling london city. He propped his elbows on his windowsill and watched the family's enjoy their sunday morning. As he got up the pain in his neck burnt and ached. Ugh he groaned as he rubbed it to sooth the pain in the slightest way. As he sat down at his desk, yesterday's occurrence flooded his memory's. He needed to make sure that Dream was okay. He waited in a discord call for what felt like an eternity, when Dream finally joined.

D- 'What do you want'
The crookedness in his voice showed that he had been crying and probably hasn't slept.
G- 'Listen I need to apologise I-'
D- 'You know what no, i'm done you CATFISHED ME!'
The sudden aggression in his tone caught George off guard.
G- 'I'm sorry I wasn't thinking i'm an idiot.'
D- 'Yeah, you hurt me. I thought you were my friend.'
G- 'I am your friend.'
D- 'No, you lied to me. You know I actually fell for Grace- you, whatever.'
G- 'I know I fucked up ok but if I didn't pretend to be someone else then you would never of liked me in the way I do you. I- I love you Clay.'
hesitantly Dream replied:
D- 'George, you really think that I wouldn't love you. You're perfect. You're beautiful, you're funny and you seemed to have your life together. But I-I can't believe that you would do that to me. You manipulated my emotions George. I- I can't forgive you.'
G- 'Y- You think i'm beautiful?'
George's face dropped. The possibility that Dream liked him all along and now he stuffed it up was braking his heart
D- 'Of corse I did, George I really liked you but I didn't think you felt the same way so I never made a move, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. Although clearly that doesn't matter to you.'
G- 'Clay, if you just forgive me, we can try to be together. That's what we both want isn't it?'
D- 'It isn't that easy George. I grew up from those feelings, I moved on. But talking with Grace- or you, made those emotions flood back, I- I was reminded of your goofy personality that never failed to make me smile. Your glowing smile that lit up a room. George I loved you.'

Hearing those words come out of Dreams mouth broke George. I loved you was echoing through his emotionless mind for days on end after the call. He ruined what would have otherwise been the love of his life, his best friend and his relationship. Sapnap seemed worried about George. Calling him every chance he got, to make sure that he's doing fine. Dream seemed down for a while but eventually moved on. They continued making videos without George. George knew that he'll only brake down if he heard Dreams voice again. The fans were confused at first, roomers and alleged truths circulated the internet. Non of them were right.
George's eyes were bloodshot from the countless nights with no sleep and the constant tears urging to trickle down his face. His fantasy of living in the country side, eating ice cream and going to the beach with Dream were now impossible. Every night as George looks up at the stars, wondering what he could have done differently, the final words he heard of Dream filled the night sky. I loved you.

*TW FOR THIS POINT ON, SUICIDE IS IMPLIED*

George's fingers rested on the lock of his window. The cold dew from the winters night ran down his hand. Dream could never love someone like him. No one can. He quietly flipped the lock, allowing the window panes to swing open in the cool breeze. The sky was clear. Stars illuminated the tops of trees and the moon was full. As George steps onto the windowsill. The place where he hoped and prayed that Dream, or anyone would love him. As he steps out of his window, on the 18th floor, he whispers quickly under his breath. I love you.