Chapter 8- Never falling out of love

George's heart stopped. He looked over to the voice changer window open on his second monitor. He had somehow accidentally turned it off. He felt his eyes begin to swell with tears, his head pounding, his room spinning.
D- 'George? W-what I don't understand.'
George reluctantly took his head set off and placed it on his desk. He left the call. Fuck.
He bolted out of his chair, snapping one of the arm rests off, and stormed to his bed where he screamed into his pillow.
A light knock came from George's bedroom door, 'George hunny can I come in?' His Mom's comforting voice is what he needed right now, someone to talk to that he know will not judge him.
'Mhm' George said through the tears, signalling his mom to enter.

M- 'Oh George.' 'Here have a tissue hunny.'
George hesitantly took the tissue from his mother's soft hand and dabbed his eyes.
M- 'Do you want to talk about it?'
George got flashbacks of school, when he was bullied on the playground and his mother was always there to comfort him. He remembers her holding him close to her chest, letting him express his frustration without worrying that he would be mocked. It was a safe space.

After George explains the whole Dream situation with the voice changer, Sapnap's disapproval and his ever growing love for Dream, his mother kisses him softly on the head.
M- 'You and Clay have been friends for a long time haven't you?'
George slightly nods in agreement.
M-'You made a mistake, we all do. You needed validation. You thought that you yourself weren't good enough for Clay, why?'
G- 'How could someone so amazing, funny and talented as him ever want to be with someone like me, i'm a worthless looser.'
His Mom holds him tight, just like she had done many times before.
M- 'But he dose love you. potentially not romantically but the love and connection two friends like you share is indestructible. You two would give up the world for each other, Nick two. You have to understand if Clay wants to take some time to think about the situation but i'm sure that he'll eventually come around. Now, I want you to talk to Clay. Apologise and admit that you were in the wrong. Then talk with him. I bet that his mind is racing just if not more then yours. He'll be confused and scared. Help your friend ok? And make sure Nick is doing alright, i'm sure having your two best friends in a situation like this would not be easy.'
And with that, she gave him a kiss on the head and left.

George laid on his bed for a while. The sound of rain bashing against the old roof of his small house echoes though the walls. He heaves his body over and gazes out of the window into the busy England street. The people dancing in the rain by the pond, the children begging their parents to go into the candy store, the old couples sitting on a bench, looking like they had just fallen in love. Made George's mind wonder, he imagined him and Dream dancing in the english rain, holding each other tight, Them strolling through the countryside, holding hands and sharing an umbrella. Or going down to the beach and sharing a strawberry ice cream, Dreams favourite. That feeling of growing old together and never falling out of love, that's what george wanted. And with Dream falling more and more out of reach, George needed to act on his wishes now, before it's too late.