Chapter 17 - Acceptance

The sound of raindrops hitting the tin roof woke George on this cold Saturday morning. He submerged his face further into his warm pillow as he made an attempt to fall back asleep but the sound of a door slamming from downstairs startled him awake. He still wasn't used to his new but temporary roommate.

"You're up early" Dreams voice yelled from the kitchen. The sound of bacon sizzling filled the small house.
"Yeah haha" George replied as he pulled a stool out from under the counter.
"Listen, I think we need to talk about- us."
Dreams voice was calm but he approached the conversation with caution.
"Yeah I was thinking the same thing." Georges grip tightened on his mug of coffee as he replied.
"Whatever this is, we need to stop it."
"What?" Georges voice cracked as he tried to process what Dream was saying.
"Listen George. I love you. I have always and will always love you. And neither of us can help that. It's just, I don't think either of us are really ready for a serious relationship."
"But I thought-"
"George you tried to kill yourself over me having emotions that you didn't like!"
The sudden aggression in Dreams voice caught George off guard.
"It's because you are all I have Clay, What don't you understand about that!" Small droplets of coffee splashed onto the already messy bench top as George aggressively threw his mug down.
"That's another problem! You have to understand that you can't rely on me all the time, you are your own person George."

Silence filled the small bright kitchen as they were both lost for words.
"I think you should leave now." Georges voice was small and quiet.
"Iv already packed my bags ill be heading to the airport in an hour."

—————————
The golden sunset beamed through the open window of the living room. Georges hair brushed the needed to be cleaned wooden floor as he lay upside down thinking about what he could've done differently. I will always love you, some of Dreams final words to his friend. "I will always love you" George recited.
The acceptance of what has gone is just as important as remembering the good times is something that George has now learnt.

And with that, all alone once again. Leaning against the very same windowsill that George had once tried to end his life on. He took a deep breath in and fell asleep.