Chapter 12 - Together

Dream and George lock eyes as the Doctor walked in. Dream's hand swiftly moved from George's thigh to his own hoodie pocked as he pulled it down to cover his lower body.

"Glad to see you awake Mr Davidson, but visiting time is now over." The doctors voice was stern and matched his defined appearance. Dream gave the doctor a subtle side eye as he hoisted himself up off of the firm hospital bed.

"I'll see you later George." Dream said as he brushed pass the doctor in the doorway to exit the hospital ward. The air in the hallways was cold. It had been snowing outside for the past few days. Dream paced his way to the cafeteria of the hospital. Still making sure to cover his arise lower half. The cafeteria was large, the high ceilings covered in windows allowed  beams upon beams of light to seep into the otherwise dim hospital. A small child was eating lunch with her family and an old man playing cards with his wife. Dream surveyed the food options that were being served and was displeased in the options, but eventually settled for a tuna sandwich and a Greek salad for George.

The Doctor had been and gone when he returned, but Georges face lit up as he saw that Dream was bearing food. "I feel like I haven't eaten in days!" George said as he eagerly took the salad from Dreams grasp. "Probably because you haven't, you were asleep for two days."               

After an uncomfortably long silence, George spoke "I'm sorry. About everything, I know i'v already apologized but I put you through way too much stress I- I'm really, really sorry Clay."

"George, you did mess up but its ok! I forgive you, I'm just sorry that I wasn't there for you or that you felt like you couldn't express your feelings to me, I never wanted all this- I just always wanted you, and for you to be happy."

George and Dream lock eyes as they smile to each other. "Look, we're gonna get you outta here as soon as we can, and we're gonna be together. You and me." George grasps Dreams hand as he pressed his head against his chest.