Chapter 10 - Man in black

_______________________

Sorry for the delay everyone, I was experiencing writer's block.
_______________________

| After leaving William at the kindergarten |

Nora and Anthony drive back to their apartment.

[ Note: They rented a larger apartment together a month ago and moved in together. Now, Anthony, Nora and William live the same apartment. ]

Nora: "What do you think William will be when he grows up?"
Anthony (while driving): "Umm... I don't know, you tell me."
Nora: "Well, I would be happy to see him as a business man or perhaps a scientist."
Anthony (while driving): *smiles*

They arrive at their apartment building and walk in, push the elevator button and wait for the elevator to arrive.

-25 seconds later-

They get inside the elevator and Nora pushes the button for Floor no. 10, the elevator door closes & starts going to Floor no. 10

Nora (while in the elevator): *Takes out her phone and starts scrolling through social media*

Anthony's thoughts (while in the elevator): "Things are going well... even tho it's weird to have a best friend as a son. I wonder how long we can keep this a secret, is it even a good thing to keep this just between me and William forever? probably... but, I don't know. I just hope things go well and I get to marry Nora." *starts day dreaming about a love life with Nora*

-15 seconds later-

Anthony (while in the elevator): *smiles with a slight blush day dreaming about love life with Nora*
Nora (while in the elevator): *notices Anthony's face* "Umm, Anthony?"
Anthony (while in the elevator): *snaps back to reality* "Oh, yea, umm, what happened?"
Nora (while in the elevator): "What were you thinking?"
Anthony (while in the elevator): *awkward smile* "Umm, uhh, no-nothing..."
Nora (while in the elevator): "Lol ok, anyways, we are here."

They reach the 10th floor and the elevator door opens, A man in a dark coat with sunglasses on was waiting to enter the elevator, He seemed suspicious. Anthony and Nora left the elevator as the man went into the elevator. Anthony shrugged it off as some random stranger.

When they approached their apartment room, they found that the door was open.

Nora: "How can you forget to lock the door!?"
Anthony: "I am sure I locked it... I always lock it" *tries to remember*
Nora: "Actually, yea... but, that could mean-"
Anthony: "someone broke in!" *rushes inside the apartment*
Nora: *Walks inside the apartment and notices drawers and cupboard open* "Okay, somebody certainly broke in..." *rushes to check for her jewellery and other valuables*
Anthony: *rapidly searches for the for ARD 300 Guide book* "Dang it, can't find it, it's gone!"
Nora: "what's gone?"

Anthony's thoughts (flashback): "The suspicious man in a dark coat had something like the guide book in one of his pockets!"

Anthony: "Nora! stay here I will be right back!" *runs outside the apartment*
Nora: "Is everything okay?" *notices Anthony run out of the apartment as if he was chasing someone*
Anthony: *leaves Nora without a response*
Nora's thoughts: "All my stuff is there, even my gold... looks like something Anthony had got stolen" *Remembers about the guy in the dark coat* "hmm, he could be chasing him, I just hope he comes back fine, till then, I will arrange our apartment, clean the mess the burglar made and check if something else got stolen and then decide weather to call the cops or not."

Anthony uses the second elevator to go to the ground floor.

___________________________

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, comment and wash your hands. 😉
Till then, cya next chapter.