Chapter 11 - Who? Why?

Anthony's thoughts (while in the elevator): "Thank god I had placed them separately for safety measures or else the box and the diaper would have been stolen too, why would he steal the guide book tho? Hmmm... I will think later... right now, I need to catch him asap before I loose him completely."

[ Note: Anthony was slightly prepared for something bad to happen so he kept the guidebook in the house, now stolen, the box in the boot/trunk of his car and then the diaper below his car seat ]

"Ding!" the elevator door opens as Antony reaches the ground floor.

[Author - Cryo Zircon: "To anyone reading this in the USA, ground floor is the first floor also called a lobby or the main floor. It's called the 'Ground floor' or 'Floor 0' in the UK and many other countries. In my opinion, it makes a lot more sense."]

Anthony rushes out of the building and looks left and right for the suspicious black suited man.
Anthony notices a fancy black limousine arrive on the other side of the road and the man in the black coat walking towards it in a hurry with a suitcase in his hand. The man, now standing close to limousine noticed Anthony near the entrance of the apartment building staring at him and rushed inside the limousine.

[Note: The man came from the direction of Anthony's car when walking towards the limousine.]

Anthony's thoughts: "He rushed in as soon as he noticed me, yup, burglar confirmed."

Anthony now realizing that it was too late for him to try and catch the man on foot, ran towards his car to drive it and chase the limousine. He gets seated on the driver seat and starts the car while keeping his eye on the limousine. The limousine starts driving away, Anthony quickly starts driving trying his best to catch up to the limousine and chase it down. The limousine reaches the highway and drives away as fast as it is allowed to on a highway. Anthony also reaches the highway and drives towards the limousine in a hurry, the limousine being quite distanced from Anthony's car. Anthony chases the limousine for 20 whole minutes before losing track of it completely.

Anthony: *parks his car on the side of the road*
Anthony: "DANG IT!" *bangs his steering wheel in frustration*

-1 minute of silently sitting later-

Anthony: *notices the door ajar sign glowing on the dashboard of his car* "ugh..."

Anthony opens his car door and shuts it close again. But, the sign kept glowing.

Anthony: "Oh come on!" *gets out of the car annoyed and mindlessly opens and closes all the doors one by one*

After shutting the last door he checks if sign is still glowing, only to find out that it was still glowing.

Anthony: "Really...?"

Anthony's thoughts: "Is my car lock broken? Oh wait! The trunk/boot door!"

He walks to the back of his car and notices the trunk/boot of the car slightly open.

Anthony's thoughts: "Oh no... that could mean... HE STOLE THE DIAPER BOX TOO!"

Anthony opens the trunk/boot of his car of his car only to find out that what he thought was true. Box and the diaper both completely gone.

Anthony's thoughts: "Well, I mean it could have been worse, thank god I hid the real diaper beneath my driver seat and placed an actual diaper for 3-year-olds in the box... The box was the real deal tho... Next time I will make sure that even the box is fake, right now, I need to make sure I get a 'next time' to do all that. On second thought, if the burglar knew that the diaper box was in the trunk/boot of the car he must know that I kept the real one under my seat!"

Anthony opens the front door of his car and searches for the diaper under the driver seat using his right hand. He then feels something like a diaper come in contact with his hands. He takes it out to find a small diaper perfectly sized for a 3-year-old.

Anthony's thoughts: "Looks real to me... It looks exactly the same, but, what if it's an elaborate fake, after all the burglar knew the exact place where the diaper box was kept, i.e. the boot/trunk of the car with the fake diaper in it, so he could have known that the diaper in the box is a fake... Hmm, I guess I will only find out after trying the diaper."

Anthony gets a phone call from Nora.

Anthony: "Hi."
Nora: "Yea, Hello, where are you?"
Anthony: "Uhhh, well... middle of a city?"
Nora: "Okay... Anyways, come back home, It seems that the burglar didn't steal anything, quite strange."

Anthony's thoughts: "It's strange alright!"

Anthony: "Really? Nothing, not a single dollar?"
Nora: "Yup, looks like the burglar just wanted to annoy us, weird. Also, why did you rush outside, I was worried, was something of yours stolen?"
Anthony: "I just bought... a... an expensive magazine about... about... ummm, a favorite celebrity of mine last weekend and I thought that the man in the black coat with sunglasses on had been the burglar and so I chased him as I wasn't able to find the magazine in it's usual place."
Nora: "Hmm, okay... you can always buy another magazine there is no need to rush for it... I mean our entire house was a mess, didn't you think about the gold coins we kept? Was that magazine more important to you than everything in the entire house?"
Anthony: *fake ackward laugh* "Well, it did cost me, umm... fifty dollars, also it was limited edition and I didn't get to read it."
Nora: "FIFTY DOLLARS FOR A MAGAZINE! Wow... Did you get it back? Did you talk with the black gentleman?"
Anthony: *sigh* "No luck."
Nora: "Aww, so sad, don't worry it's just a magazine."
Anthony: "yea... JUST a 50$ Magazine"
Nora: *Laughs* "Okay, if the burglar stole that magazine instead of the gold coins it was probably really valuable."
Anthony: "You bet it was."
Nora: "Alright anyways, come home soon."
Anthony: "Okay, bye"
Nora: "Bye, love you."

The call ends.

Anthony's thought's: "Wow Anthony, an expensive magazine... is that the best thing you could think of?! That was certainly stressful, Thank god she didn't ask me the name of the celebrity I don't know what I would have said."

_________________________

Had a burst of energy and interest to write the story so I wrote, and voila a 1000 word chapter!

As always, don't forget to vote this chapter and comment down your thoughts, I read all of it. And follow me if you haven't already.

And also, Wash your hands, wear a mask and maintain social distancing, CoViD-19 exists ffs.

Anyways, cya next chapter, stay safe!