Chapter 9: Grayson

"Zay don't do that," Deja.

I'm standing outside watching Deja and the boy like their own personal guard. He wanted to come outside and play, so we walked to one of the many parks in the pack's gated community. Zay has been rubbing on one of the pups now for the last ten minutes. He keeps calling him a nice puppy.

"Zay his name is Jason, call him Jason, not puppy," Deja demands. You can see the frustration of trying to get him to understand on her face.

"I'm so sorry. He doesn't understand." The she-wolf doesn't say anything, but her eyes flick over to me every so often. I know she will never say anything as long as I'm standing here.

"Puppy, Deja."

"No." She shakes her head. "Come over and swing Zay, leave Jason alone. He wants to play."

"Yea!" he shouts before running over to one of the empty swings.

I never take my eyes off of them, but I hear some of the adults whispering. They're whispering about his appearance just like they've whispered about mine my whole life. I've had to learn that people, whether wolf or human don't, like anything different.

Turning quickly toward the small crowd that has gathered, I let my eyes flash red and they all move away - unsure of what I'm capable of.

"So how did you get the girl to come here?" Beck asks, walking up behind me with Claudia one of the she-wolves.

Looking over at Claudia, I hesitate to answer. "She came on her own." When my eyes flick back to Beck, I see he's watching Deja's ass. Deja is curvy with a small waist. I feel myself not liking him watching her the way he is. When she bends down to tie her shoe I hear him groan from the hint of her underwear sticking out.

Turning to him, I let out a warning growl. He looks at me and smirks. "I'm just looking I won't touch." He looks around.  "It's gotten around that you have a human staying with you. Some of the wolves are upset. They've taken the issue up with the Alpha."

I look back to Deja, she's pushing the boy and looking at something on her phone.

"If you want to refute any of the allegations then you may want to talk with him yourself"

"It's true I have a human staying with me. What is there to deny."

"If he sides with wolves he can make them leave."

I look down at Beck. "She's leaving tomorrow."

"Yea but what if she wants to come back, and Alpha won't allow it?"

"She's my mate. I will leave the pack." Both Beck and Claudia stare at me.

I'm not worried about this. Kori, the Alpha son's mate, gave me a substantial sum of money when I took a few bullets trying to protect her. I tried to let her know that I was never going to die but she would not refuse. She helped me invest the money, so I don't have to work for the rest of my life.

Beck is still just staring at me. I don't know why it's hard for people to understand. All three of the Alphas kids stay in other places. Amelia is in Paris and Hayden and Kori are back and forth running her family business.

"Bro you can't leave the pack."

"If the wolves don't want her here then I will have to leave," I say, watching Deja and the boy stroll back over here.

"Ok. I think we have spent enough time in this extremely cold weather. Zay's nose is running."

She's looking between me and Beck. She rolls her eyes at me. "Hi, I'm Deja. I've seen you several times but the giant here hasn't introduced you.