Chapter 34: Grayson

One of the most exhilarating feelings for any wolf is the wind whispering against your fur as you run as fast as you can. Running in my wolf form is something I have never taken for granted and won't start now. Add that to running toward you mate - words can not describe it.

Reign overloaded me with more information than I can process but one very important thing I understood is I have to get close to Ivan. Getting close to Ivan is getting close to Aida. I need to figure out how to accomplish that without allowing her to touch me.

My paws pound on the ground as I run as fast as I can to Deja. It's been hard for me to not be with her every day. I miss her touches, her smiles, and her scent. I can't wait to put my eyes on her. She is my everything. Not because of my wolf or my other, but because I truly love the woman sent to me. Meant for me.

This started as just a smell, and it has grown into something that I can't describe with just words alone. Words are not powerful enough. No this has to be shown and felt to understand. She is my world and no one will ever come before her.

I will do whatever it takes to protect her and the boy. I just have to figure out a plan that will get me out of that collar and away from Ivan & Aida. And if getting close to them is the only way then so be it.

When I get closer to the tree line Deja's mouth-watering scent grows stronger and more intoxicating. I have to give myself a pep talk so I won't rut her like the wolf I am.

"GRAYSON!" she screams when she bursts through a line of bushes. Before I can even phase back into my human form, Deja is tackling my wolf to the ground. "I didn't know what happened to you. Are you okay? You were so still. Oh my god, I'm so happy you're ok."

"I'm fine," I whisper through our link before I start to lick her face.

She immediately stills her movements. Deja moves back slightly from hugging me and looks at me with raised eyebrows. "Did you just lick me?" I lick her again and she screams like a banshee. "Grayson stop that shit you've probably been licking your balls or some shit."

I hear laughter behind us and know Daryl has joined us. Deja rolls to a sitting position on the ground and I lay my head on her lap. She gently strokes my fur soothing me until I rumble with approval. "Why are we here Grayson? What happened?" I hear her ask before she bends over and lay her head on my back.

"Not sure what the place is called, but it's some type of plane I can come to. And I can pull you here with me."

"What happened to us? I was in so much pain?" She asks. I can sense Daryl moving around us, and I know he's listening.

Phasing into my human form, I stand slowly from my crouched position. I grab Deja by her hand and pull her up with me. She smiles and blushes when she looks down quickly looking away over at Daryl who has now turned his back to us.

"They were forcing me to do something that could kill us both." My posture stiffens as I think over their plan to impregnate Aida. They are stupid if they think a pup will sway me to go along with this foolish plan. "I will try to keep it from happening again." She nods, but I can tell from her look she wants more of an answer that the vague one I gave her. At this time that's all I can give her.

"Do you know where they are keeping you?" Daryl asks, breaking into our silent moment. He has now turned and is looking me straight in the face. I can tell by the stiffness in his head he doesn't want to look down at my nakedness accidentally. I'm a wolf what did he think it would be like being around me?

"No. I know it's a large mansion." I try to think of more details that might help him find me. "There are a lot of wolf carvings in the woodwork of the home. Like in the banister and doors. Maybe it was once a packhouse."