Chapter 10: Deja

When Garrett and I get to the club I'm amazed there's an actual line. My eyes scan the line trying to figure out who is a wolf and who's not. I'm a little nervous and not sure if I should have come without the giant. I follow close behind Garrett as he walks past everyone and goes straight in. I'm surprised he doesn't seem like the type that would get the VIP treatment.

"How did you manage that?" I ask.

"Beta's son. It's the next best thing to being the Alpha's kid." Nodding my head I look around. It's full and it's only eleven. The music is alright; I'm just glad it's not hard rock. I follow him up some steps to a section where about thirty people are hanging out. Glancing around, my eyes land on Beck's tongue kissing some girl with black hair. The girl Claudia, from the park, is sitting with Regina and I'm guessing the mean girl group. I stop and look around not wanting to sit with this bunch of bitches.

"Come on," Garret says, pulling me over to the group. Hesitantly I follow him over to the group of onlookers and we both sit on an empty couch.

We are sitting next to a railing that looks down at the dance floor. There are so many people out on the floor. I can't wait to get out on the floor because I love to dance. I don't get to go out much because I have Zay.

"You want something to drink?" Garrett asks. Nodding, I smile up at him. Garrett gets up and walks off leaving me with the mean girl group.

"So where is Gray," Mean girl Regina asks.

"He stayed to babysit."

"Is that your son?" Claudia asks.

I shake my head. "My brother."

"Oh, what's wrong with him?" Claudia asks.

I stiffen at her words and have to take a few calming breaths. I have to remind myself that the giant said they are wolves. "There's nothing wrong with him," I snap out.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. I'm just not familiar with a lot of human things. We're wolves and heal ourselves so we are never sick." I nod my head understanding her question now but still don't answer.

"Here," Garrett says, handing me a beer.

The top is still on it letting me know nothing has been done to it. Not that I think he would, but you can never be too careful. Garrett reaches over and pulls the cap off.

"Thanks." Drinking down my beer I watch the dance floor. Everyone is dancing and having a good time.

"So Garrett, Gray has you babysitting the human. Scared we may maim her?" Regina asks. The rest of the girls laugh at her words. "Why would he bring a human here. They can't protect themselves." She rolls her eyes. "Just a waste of space." She's glaring at me.

"That's enough Regina," Garrett says.

I take a few more calming breaths. I now understand why the giant doesn't hang with these people.

"Seriously...What is he going to do with a human, anyway? Gray is powerful and needs someone strong next to him. She will never be strong enough for him."

"I said that's enough," Garrett shouts. All the girls drop their heads, even mean girl Regina. Garrett stands and holds out his hand. "You want to dance?" Garrett asks.

"Yes," I reply, smiling at him while still trying to ignore everyone else. I know before the night is over with, I might have to pop this bitch. I quickly finish my beer and sit the empty bottle on the table before taking his outstretched hand. On our way to the dance floor, we pass Beck. He's now added a blonde head guy to the make-out session. "I was not expecting that." I think to myself.