Chapter 36: Deja

"What do you wear to a pack barbeque?" I watch him from the corner of my eye, while I look through this suitcase. I wish I had organized my bag better because now I can't find anything. He just leans against the doorframe watching me like always. It makes me feel safe and loved when he is around like this. Forget what everyone says, I know he will always protect me.

"You know you should really go with me. I don't know any of these people and it would make me feel better," I say, batting my eyes trying to guilt him into going with me.

"Deja you hear me?" Reign asks. She has her keys in her right hand and is holding Zay's hand in her left.

This has been so weird staying at this house with her. We have become somewhat friends...I guess. If she is not here Colby or Beck is here with me. Daryl not so much. He says he can't stand the wet smell in the house. I guess he was talking about Colby and Beck since they are wolves.

"Did you hear me?" Reign asks again. She has this puzzled look like she is trying to figure me out. Something that I hate and she does it a lot.

"No, what did you say?" I ask, rubbing my fingers into my temples. A headache is forming and it's hard for me to focus on her words. Maybe I should go lie down or something.

"Are you alright?" Reign asks, dipping her head so she can look me in the eyes. I nod already knowing she's not going to let it go. "Did you have a memory?"

I nod. "Yeah...I guess," I crock out. "I was going to a pack barbeque. I was asking the Giant to go with me. I think. I was taking clothes out of my suitcase." I shrug because the memory was fast and it wasn't a complete memory. I've been getting little pieces here and there for the past few days.

"That's the day of the accident. Do you remember anything else?"

"No," I shake my head, because like always I remember more how I felt than what was going on. "Ummm...what were you asking?"

"I asked if you want some barbeque from Sims?" She looks down at Zay who is just staring at me being quiet as a mouse. He has attached himself to Reign. Everywhere she goes he wants to go.

"Ummm yeah, I wouldn't mind some. Let me grab my jacket and wallet." Reign nods and turns to go through the door.

Before she can reach for the knob the front door opens and Colby walks in. He abruptly stops in his tracks, eyes locked on Reign. Lifting his nose slightly he tries to sniff the air discreetly but fails when his eyes start glowing. He takes a step back from her and I can see his fists are balled tight at his side. When he finally starts to walk around her a low whimper can be heard as he quickly hurries past her and plops down on the couch. Beck is already sitting watching Jumanji with Kevin Hart and Dewayne Johnson. Reign follows his every move with her eyes before she shakes her head and walks out the door with Zay.

"Weird," I think before walking to my room.

🐾🐾

"So what's up with you and Daryl are y'all together or something?" I ask Reign as we sit at a table facing the window in Sims. I have been wanting to ask her that for the past week or so. There is an intimate vibe coming from both of them.

"No," She shakes her head to emphasize her words. "We are friends. Nothing more."

"So nothing is going on?" I give her a knowing look. "Because he's always watching you. Always touching you. He was even doing it on my birth-" I pause trying to remember what I did on my birthday. "Did we go to the club on my birthday? You, me, Daryl...Ummmm... Shit, I can't remember. I know–" I try to remember but I can't; it's gone as fast as it came.