42

^^^ iris' bday fit x

TW: emetophobia warning (very brief mentions), brief mentions/implications of cancer & parental bereavement. 

A/N: okay so since i started this book i've been planning this chapter, its the only thing i've been sure was going to happen. so buckle up kids, grab some snacks, a nice drink, a soft blanket, get comfy and enjoy - it's bumpy, it's dramatic, it's emotional & it's long. MESSAGE FROM FUTURE ME - OOPS I DECIDED TO SPLIT IT IN TWO HEHE,, THIS IS RELATIVE TO THIS CHAPTER AND THE NEXT - the big big event will now be in the next chapter or else we'd be here forever and i wanna update :)). next chapter will be in the next few days hopefully, promise xx

aight, before we start i just wanna clear up i said fred never falls out of love with iris - doesn't mean there won't be some turbulence in their relationship so pls don't expect it to all be sunshine and daisies because its not,, but like i said, he loves her like edward loves bella soooo; make of that what you will ;) i know some of you said this is your comfort story so pls be wary like its not all happy and good all the time, sorry!!

ps i haven't proofread so pls ignore any mistakes.

iris' pov

february third. 

better known as my birthday. 

usually this day was spent with fred and george. in true quintessential british style, from the age of fifteen, it had become a sort of tradition for the twins to get me so drunk they'd have to put me to bed with a bucket beside me, hands ready to catch my hair as i would roll over and vomit. 

this year would be different. i seldom left my father's bedside, any wild celebrations the twins had in mind would have to be postponed. that didn't stop fred from pestering me to have one drink with the two of them at the three broomsticks. he promised he'd sorted for both vera and elaine to watch my father for the evening so i could quietly celebrate my birthday, with elaine's word she would send a patronus if they needed. begrudgingly i agreed, i knew my father's health was declining, but i also knew he'd still be here later that evening, and that elaine and vera would take good care of him; i could sense how much it meant to fred too. he'd apparated to my house that afternoon, beaming from ear to ear as he excitedly pulled me into his arms. 

"i can't believe i'm dating an older woman," he greeted, covering my face in sloppy kisses - much to my dismay as i had just finished applying my makeup. 

"she may be a cougar but there is still a father in the room," dad coughed, eyeing fred as he placed a lingering kiss on my lips. 

"hi fred," elaine and vera shouted, making themselves known from the kitchen.

"oops, hi barry," he jumped, stepping away from me, before shouting his greetings back to the two women. 

"oh, i'm only joking with you, fred, you know i love to see my little hippie happy," he grinned, nudging fred's arm. "can't believe my little girl is nineteen,"

"stop it, you're making me feel old," i pouted, "you haven't even wished me a happy birthday yet!" i scolded fred. 

"happy birthday, my love," he hummed, wrapping his arms around my waist and planting another kiss on my cheek. 

"you make sure she has a good time today, boy, won't you? she's far too stressed for my liking," dad added, raising his brow, "you have fun today, petal. i'll be perfectly fine here, you know i'm in good hands," 

"yes, dad," i chuckled, placing a kiss on his head. "see you later," 

dad waved his goodbyes as fred pulled me out of his room, toward the kitchen. he smiled at the two women and they quickly gave him knowing grins, before hurrying away. he pulled a seat out, nodding for me to sit, before sitting across from me. i quirked my brow at him, wondering what he was up to.