29

TW: alcohol 

iris' pov

living with fred and george weasley was always bound to be chaos. songs bellowed at 4am, quidditch arguments, constant explosions and merciless pranks were all a given. however, the flat the twins and i resided in was a convent in comparison to the burrow. i had almost forgotten just how chaotic that house truly was. a sea of bodies filled the small dining room, a constant loud murmur of chatter filled the air, laughter, shouts, clatters of cutlery all adding to the business of the atmosphere. upon entering, the warmth and comfort of the burrow oozed through me, like a glass of bourbon on a winter's night. a swarm of arms engulfed me, pulling me over to take a seat at the dining table, between hermione and ginny. 

"mead, dear?" molly offered, "arthur brewed it himself,"

"oh, yes please, molly," i smiled. she poured me a glass and i took it gratefully, taking a large swig of the golden liquid. "it's delicious, well done, arthur," i praised, tilting my glass to him as the sweet taste danced along my tongue. 

"thank, you, iris. there's plenty where that came from, help yourself," he chuckled. 

as i nursed my drink i got lost in conversation with ginny and hermione, barely noticing as fred slipped in and informed me he would be going to diagon alley. 

"i can't believe you're not going to be at hogwarts this year," ginny sighed

"you have hermione still,"

"only for this year, next year i have to try and survive without either of you,"

"luna will be with you," i smirked, causing ginny's eyes to widen and her face to flush a deep shade of crimson. 

"yeah, ginny, luna will be there," hermione winked, nudging ginny with her elbow

"you know?!" i beamed

"sh! keep it down will -"

"wine, dear?" molly interrupted, leaving ginny red faced and flustered. i giggled, draining my goblet of mead before extending it toward molly, accepting her offer. 

"anyway," i laughed, turning my attention back to the girls. "hermione you must make sure you play cupid for ginny and luna, oh and please make sure you write me and keep me updated - on all the gossip at hogwarts, not just the two of you and your love lives," 

"i will be far too busy working towards my NEWTs to pay any mind to gossip," hermione insisted 

"oh please, if you and ron don't admit your feelings for each other this year i will have to bash your heads together-"

"iris! w-wha-, there is nothing going on with me and ron,"

"what about me?" ron's voice questioned from behind us. it was hermione's turn to blush red.

"food. on your face," ginny giggled, causing ron to whip his head around and quickly wipe his face. 

"better," i laughed, as he turned back round to face us. 

"got bill to sneak us some firewhiskey in, anyone up for a shot?" ron whispered. nodding eagerly, the three of us stood, sneaking to the living room, away from the watchful eye of molly. harry, ginny, hermione, ron and i all huddled in a circle, giggling like kids as ron pulled the bottle from under his jumper. 

"i don't know why i'm sneaking around, i'm of age," i shrugged. 

"all part of the fun," harry winked 

"let's make this more interesting-" ginny began, standing up and retrieving a small item from the shelf. she sat back down, throwing a dice into the middle of the circle. "the number you roll is the amount of shots you take,"