20

A/N: gentle reminder from here on i'll be focusing more on an actual plot/storyline than just like fluffy/smutty stuff - of course this will be integrated in the book but i want more of a story. gonna be some sad themes but i will of course TW before any of the chapters x 
p.s. fred doesn't die
p.p.s pls remember to leave a vote if you read, i rly appreciate it <3 

fleur's dress: 

bridesmaid's dresses: 

iris' pov 

august was nearing a close, meaning bill and fleur's wedding was drawing nearer. fred, george and i had managed to furnish the flat above the shop and had promptly moved in, though we were constantly apparating back to the burrow for one reason or another. despite being busy setting up the shop, alongside wedding preparations, the remainder of august with fred felt like a dream. we couldn't get enough of each other, unable to stand in a room together without subtle touches or longing glances, and we were certainly making the most of having a room to ourselves. 

the days spent working on the shop were proving worthy, as our stocks began building, advertisements began appearing around diagon alley, whispers of the mysterious new shop only encouraging us to work harder for opening. our days were filled with laughter as we unpackaged deliveries, brewed products and brainstormed ideas - even when i was left to deal with the paperwork and finances, fred and george made it their mission to make me laugh as i worked. 

life felt all too content. 

"go over the plan with me again, iris?" fred asked, the day before bill and fleur's wedding as we were mixing draughts of anti-cough medicine 

"do you ever listen?" george laughed, from the other side of the shop, throwing one of our self-navigating paper-airplanes in fred's direction

"bill is staying here tonight, with charlie, ron and harry - the girls are all staying at the burrow. then, in the morning bill and charlie will stay here until the wedding starts, while you lot come and help set up the marquee, got it?"