16

fred's pov 

iris was nothing less than a free spirit. george and i had always likened her to a hippie, teasing her whenever we found her attention lost to the wilderness, or when she went off an a tangent about her beliefs in the soul; amongst other mystical things. but, it was her innocence, the raw beauty of her spirit, that drew me to her. when she got lost in nature i got lost in her. thus, it was perfectly clear to me the perfect setting for our date would be somewhere isolated, undisturbed by the hands of man, deep in nature, where her soul could roam free. 

iris' pov 

i awoke to the sound of bird song, and the sunlight blaring in through the unfurnished curtains, fred's head was nuzzled in the crook of my neck, his arm loosely hung over my waist as his hot breath fanned my collarbones. serenity. i didn't care that it was so early, or that we lay on a bare mattress in a barren flat, to wake up by fred's side, with the sun shining, warmed by the heat of his body, was all i could ever want and more. i pried fred's arm off me, shuffling off the mattress and throwing on fred's jumper and some leggings before i left him sleeping peacefully as i hurried out of the flat and into diagon alley. the streets were quiet at such an early hour, occupied only by business owners opening up, and a handful of early risers. i wandered the empty cobbled streets, appreciating how idle it was at sun rise, the smell of fresh bread baking and newspapers bewitching my senses. i reached the nearby bakery, purchasing some pastries and coffee for fred and i, before heading back to the shop as the morning got later and crowds began to form. as i tiptoed into the flat, fred still slept in the position i had left him in, his arm stretched out as though my body was still underneath him. he stirred as the door clicked shut behind me, his eyes screwed up at the harsh light, his hair askew and his appearance rugged.

"iris?" he rasped, still confused and dazed from his slumber. his morning voice was husky, alluring, a sound that mixed both heavenly delight and hellish sin. he sat up, smiling lazily at me as i slipped back into bed beside him.

"good morning, sunshine," i smiled, "i brought breakfast," 

he eagerly took the coffee from my hands, placing a lingering kiss on my head as he did so. 

"my angel," he beamed, taking a bite of a croissant. we sat quietly, enjoying our breakfast and each other's company.

"so weasley, still on for our date today?" 

"wouldn't miss it for the world, mills," he winked, his hand idly resting on my leg. "be ready at 12,"

"what should i wear?" i laughed, interlocking our fingers. 

"whatever your pretty little heart desires," 

--------

after breakfast, i left fred in bed once again to get ready for our date. i wondered how casual or dressed up i should go, almost wishing i had a girl friend here to assist me. i hopped in the shower, taking my time as i washed my hair, performing the hair removal charm on my legs before stepping back into the living room to get ready. fred was up and dressed himself now, absentmindedly pacing the length of the living room. 

"we need to get this place furnished," he groaned, flopping back down onto the mattress where i had positioned myself to do my makeup. 

"we need to start thinking about opening, fred" i laughed, his arm snaking around my waist from behind. 

"we haven't even told mum and dad about it yet, but lets not talk business today mills," he smiled, a silence falling between us as i readied myself. i applied my makeup, allowing my hair to fall in natural curls down my back, before slipping on a lilac dress. fred watched me intently the entire time, a constant smile tugging on the corner of his mouth.