14

a/n guys, i love all your comments so much you're all so funny and so so nice. a lot of you seem to say things about how much you love my writing and i appreciate it so much, just be warned this chapter is NOT so poetic and nicely written as my other chapters cause it's more about the drama hehe. enjoy <3 

iris' pov

calm seemed to have been restored between fred and i as the two of us, and george, hurried merrily to the three broomsticks; our tensions momentarily forgotten. the afternoon air was warm, fred's arm was drooped lazily over my shoulders and we all laughed on our way. the atmosphere surrounding us was electric following our new venture into the world of business, we were beyond excited to finally pursue the career we had built foundations on back at school. we no longer had to worry about suppressing our child-like natures while we navigated adulthood, we could translate it into our work, our own business

we piled into the pub, greeted warmly by the familiar smile of rosmerta, the bar-woman. it was a late friday afternoon, thus the pub was not at its full capacity, but we knew it would be soon. we sat by the bar, greeting rosmerta:

"a bottle of your finest champagne please, rosmerta," george grinned, throwing the galleons on the bar. "we're celebrating,"

"bottle of firewhiskey too, and three shot glasses," fred added, with a wink. 

she smiled and quickly brought us our drinks, congratulating us on signing for the shop. fred popped open the champagne, a chorus of whooping and laughter echoing through the pub as he poured us all a glass. he raised his glass, tilting it as he did so, indicating for us to do the same. 

"to being kids forever," he smiled

"to weasley's wizard wheezes," george added 

"to us," i concluded, before we all clinked our glasses together, draining them of the sweet, bubbling liquid inside. i sighed a content sigh as the warmth of the liquid spread through my body, the twins doing the same thing. 

"mills, don't get so drunk we have to carry you home - again," fred teased, as he poured us all another glass, as well as a shot of firewhiskey. 

"it's not my fault you two are double the size of me, you force me to drink the same amount as you - i'm obviously not going to be able to handle it!" i laughed, before tipping the shot into my mouth, allowing the burning sensation to electrify all my nerve endings. 

"well, you better learn to handle it tonight, mills, we're not going easy," george chuckled, going in for another shot. this was going to be a messy night

as the night drew on, the pub became more crowded. men and women finishing their weeks of work wanting to wind down and have fun, teenagers looking to drink as much as they could before they had to get in before curfew. the three of us had already been there for a few hours, we'd finished our second bottle of champagne and were quickly getting towards the end of the firewhiskey. clearly, we were all slightly intoxicated as we shouted nonsense ramblings, laughed too hard at nothing, and sang along to any of the songs we barely recognised on the radio. 

as george slurred through an idea he had for the shop the bell of the door chimed indicating someone had entered, a sound we had heard throughout the entire night. this time was different, however, as i noticed fred's gaze was transfixed on the new arrival. my eyes followed his, met by the sight of the most beautiful girl entering the pub. my stomach dropped, he was basically drooling, mesmerised as he watched her walk in. her long, dark brown hair fell in curls down her back, her piercing blue eyes contrasting her tanned skin, her makeup was applied immaculately, she was stunning beyond words, quite possibly the most beautiful creature i had ever laid eyes on. she was tall, and lean, with just the perfect amount of curvature, there was not one single physical flaw about her. my eyes desperately searched fred's face, pleading him to look at me, but his attention was elsewhere and i felt sick. a sudden feeling of inadequacy washed over me as i glanced down at my own appearance, i knew the sparse amount of makeup i had rushed to apply this morning would be mostly gone, i was dressed extremely casually for a friday night, resembling more of a little boy than a woman, in my baggy dungarees. i folded my arms over my chest self consciously, no longer too keen on being out. george cleared his throat, causing fred's attention to snap back to us, his eyes met mine and i shot him a look, but he just gave me a drunken, lazy smile and threw his arm over my shoulder. i relaxed into his touch, feeling somewhat comforted by his physical affection.