17

WARNING: I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THIS STORY INCLUDES SCENES OF A SEXUAL NATURE, UNSUITABLE FOR READERS UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. i read and interact with nearly everyone who comments on this story, but i can't keep track of the ages of all my readers so please be sensible and make good choices when it comes to choosing reading material. remember, be safe on the internet and only read what you're comfortable with. thanks again for all your support guys<3 nearly at 1k votes!

iris' pov

the brief moment i had alone in the flat consisted mainly of pinching myself, and screaming when i realised i wasn't dreaming. my heart ached, heavy as it overflowed with love and contentment. i was his. finally, after so long of loving him, after so long of convincing myself he would never love me, we were actually together. he loved me, and i loved him and it was heaven.

soon after i had arrived back at the flat, the loud crack of apparation alerted me george had arrived. he hurried over to me, throwing his arms around my shoulders and pulling me into a hug. his concerned gaze lingered on my face before his eyes averted to fred who was following behind him.

"out!" george instructed, causing fred to hold his hands up and chuckle as he exited the flat. "oh, iris! is everything okay? you left and i was so hungover, then mum told me fred had a girlfriend-"

"george!" i interrupted, grabbing his hands, squealing as i excitedly twirled us around. "i'm his girlfriend,"

"what?" george bellowed, dropping my hands "since when? why didn't you tell me?"

"since today georgie, he just asked me. as soon as he asked and i said yes i told him to bring you to me so i could tell you,"

george beamed, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder, bouncing around excitedly.

"wicked. that means you're my actual sister now!"

"we're not married, george,"

"not yet." he chuckled, setting me back down on my feet before going to lay on the mattress on the floor, tapping the empty space next to him to instruct me to sit down. "i knew you two would end up together, i could tell he's fancied you for ages. just glad he finally grew the balls to admit it. mum is going to be so happy, she's going mad at home, wondering who this new girlfriend is, worrying about you."

"i hope she knows i'm not in on this. he told her he'd be bringing a girlfriend home before he'd even asked me,"

"modest as ever," george laughed, rolling his eyes.

before we could continue, there was a small knock at the door, and fred's head popped in.

"can i come back in now?" he asked. george nodded. fred hurried over to the mattress, flopping in between george and i, squishing us both.

"get off me you git," george groaned, clutching his stomach where fred had elbowed him.

"so, georgie, what are your thoughts on the mrs?" fred sang, sending me a wink.

"oh frederick, let's just say you're punching," george teased, ruffling his twin's hair.

"anyway georgie-poo, tell us all about elisha," fred taunted

"it's eliza, you dipshit. and, anyway, i'm a gentlemen, fred, i never kiss and tell,"

it was like nothing had ever changed, the only difference was that fred's hand settled on my thigh, squeezing gently every so often. we were still three best friends, still wasting the hours away talking and laughing. we ended up on the topic of the shop, deciding we would break the news to molly and arthur tonight, we needed to start setting up, agreeing that opening would be our main priority from now. soon, hours had passed, my stomach hurt from laughing, and it was almost time for dinner at the burrow. george apparated back, leaving fred and i alone.