SIX

Stella Rogers

"I do not understand what tempted Loki to act this way." Thor sighed, and I crossed my arms over my chest, inviting him to continue.

"He says he always felt lime he lived in the shadow of my greatness."

"Maybe that's why he wants to rule my planet, so he can do something that gives him purpose." I said, and Thor nodded in agreement.

"I suppose so."

We fell into silence, until I heard Thor sigh, and I looked over at him.

"Something else on your mind?" I asked, making him nod again.

"My friend, Jane."

"Is she alright?" I questioned him, but he shrugged.

"As soon as Loki took the doctor we moved Jane Foster." Coulson said, walking in at the right time.

"We've got an excellent observatory in Traunsee. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday. Handsome fee, private plane, very remote. She'll be safe." He said, giving Thor the reassurance he needed, making both of us smile.

"Thank you." Thor said, turning to look at the monitor.

"It's no accident Loki taking Erik Selvig. I dread what he plans for him once he's done. Erik is a good man."

"He talks about you a lot, you changed his life." Coulson told Thor, and I nodded in agreement.

"You changed everything around here, really." I pointed out, making Thor shrug.

"They were better as they were."

"Why do you think that?" I asked, and Thor chuckled to himself.

"We pretend on Asgard that we're more advanced, but we come here battling like bilchsteim."

"I'm sorry, like what?" I asked, making Thor look confused.

"Bilchsteim? You know, huge, scaly, big antlers." He said, trailing off and looking between Coulson and I, taking note of our bewildered expressions.

"You don't have those?"

"Don't think so." Coulson said, and I shook my head.

"Definitely not."

"They are repulsive, and they trample everything in their path." Thor pointed out, making me smile.

"Well, we have enough here, we don't need them."

Thor stayed silent, walking over to the side of the ship and looking out the window, probably overthinking a lot.

"When I first came to earth, Loki's rage followed me here and your people paid the price." He sighed, turning to look at me.

"And now again, in my youth I courted war."

"The war hasn't started yet." I reassured him, and Fury walked in.

"Dou think you can make Loki tell us what the Tesseract is?"

"I do not know." Thor responded, looking at Fury.

"Loki's mind is far afield, it's not just power he craves, it's vengeance upon me. There's no pain that would prize his need from him."

"A lot of guys think that, until the pain stops." Fury said, making Thor look uncomfortable.

"What are you asking me to do?"

"I'm asking, what are you prepared to do?" Fury questioned, and I looked at Loki on the monitor.