THIRTY SIX

Loki Laufeyson

I locked eyes with the stranger across the room, silently begging them to save me, but I couldn't verbally ask for help.

He got the message though, and licked up the small device, powering it down.

I stood up, dusting myself off after the rock fellow saved me, wiping some sweat off my forehead.

How long was I there?

Did I have time to catch up with Thor?

"Thank you." I breathed out, and he nodded at me in acknowledgement.

"Hey man, we’re about to jump on
that ginormous spaceship." He said, looking at me with a welcoming smile.

"You wanna come?"

I took a moment to look at him, and everyone behind him, before nodding.

"You do seem like you’re in
desperate need of leadership." I sighed, and he looked pleased for some reason.

I insulted him, why is he happy?

"Why thank you."

How strange.

We took a ship, travellinh through the Devil's Anus, and back to Asgard, making me nervous at the thought of getting home.

Would they be glad to see me?

How powerful was Hela by now?

I placed my helmet on my head, feeling a sense of nostalgia wash through my body, and spread my arms wide. 

"Your saviour is here!"

The Ark slowed to a stop at the middle of the bridge, and I jumped off, walking through the Asgardian crowd.

"Did you miss me?" I asked, smirking to myself.

I'm back.

"Everybody on that ship, now!"

The refugees begin pouring onto the ark, causing mayhem while I walked over to Heimdall.

"Welcome home, I saw you coming."

"Of course you did." I rolled my eyes, joining Heimdall and the gladiators to fend off Hela’s incoming minions.

•••

Stella Rogers

"Any news on Bucky yet?" I asked, but Steve shook his head.

"If he's awake right now I wouldn't know about it, I haven't had the call yet."

"Let's give it a little more time before calling T'Challa." I suggested, and my brother nodded in agreement.

"I want to see him when he wakes up, I know he would really appreciate some familiar faces."

"Do you think he'll remember?" I asked, leaning forward in my chair and running a hand through my hair.

"I mean all of his missions, and all the people he killed." I whispered, making Steve sigh.

"Shuri said he most likely will, but I pray that she's wrong about it."

"She's never wrong." I pointed out, feeling dread course through my veins.

"Bucky's going to remember everything, and it's going to kill him."