FOURTY ONE

Stella Rogers

We were losing, it was pretty evident.

I was pinned down by several of the disgusting creatures, and everytime I managed to kill one, two more jumped on top of me.

Bucky was at a complete loss, Rhodey had been knocked out of the sky, Steve was being tossed around like a rag doll, and T'Challa was fighting one too many for him to handle.

I noticed Bucky had dropped his gun, and I was quick to make a move for it, until I remembered I couldn't.

His guns had handprint detection on the handle, and if anyone other than Bucky held it, the gun with explode and take the holders arms with it.

The hopeless feeling was settling in, and it did not feel good at all.

"There’s too many of them!" Bruce yelled, and I closed my eyes, ready to give up.

I was honestly okay with dying today, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed that I wasn't going to see Loki again.

Part of me hoped that maybe I could see him one last time.

I knew it was the end of the line for me, though.

While I gave up the last shred of hope I was holding onto, a large beam of light landed a few feet away from me, making me gasp.

No, it couldn't be.

An axe flew out of the blinding light, tearing through hundred of enemies, rolling them all apart.

We were all freed, and I quickly jumped to my feet, watching the axe fly back into its users hand before he emerged.

Thor.

Loki walked out from behind his brother, wielding his knives and slitting the throat of a creature running towards him.

It was really him.

He's here.

I could tell Loki was looking for someone, for me, when we finally locked eyes.

He just smirked at me while the fight came to a momentary pause as everyone took in the sight, and Bruce took his helmet off, laughing.

"You guys are so screwed now!"

Loki slowly winked at me, and I jokingly blew him a kiss, my emotions becoming the better of me.

He seemed happy to see me, regardless of how we left things.

I never thought I would see him again, but now that he's here, I couldn't keep my happiness at bay, especially considering Loki was excited.

"Bring me Thanos!" Thor yelled, charging toward the hoarde alongside Loki, and their new companions.

Loki fought creatures on the ground while Thor launched himself into the air, landing in the densest concentration of creatures and making a crater where they had once stood.

Holy shit.

I see Thor has acquired some new powers.

"Come and get some, space dogs!" The small creature on our side yelled, shooting relentlessly at them. 

Bucky picked him up with his mechanical arm, spinning around while they both fired at any and every 'space dog' close to them.

"Come on, get some, get some! Come on, get some!"

Bucky dropped the creature once our area was clear, and it looked up at Bucky, impressed. 

"How much for the gun?"