TWENTY EIGHT

Stella Rogers

Stella Rogers

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car." Sharon said, and I sat next to Bucky in the back seat, while Sam took the front.

"It's low profile." Steve responded, and I looked at Bucky.

"Are you alright?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Not really."

"Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd." Sharon said, opening up the trunk of her car.

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky asked Sam, who kept his eyes forward.

"No."

Sam wasn't a fan of Bucky, but I knew Steve and I were the only ones who really were, as of right now.

"Sam, please move your seat up." I said, and he begrudgingly did.

"Thanks." Bucky said, and Sam scoffed.

"You're welcome."

"I wasn't talking to you." Bucky shot back, and I pat his knee reassuringly.

"It's alright."

"I owe you again." Steve said, and Sharon nodded.

"Keeping a list." She said, glancing over at us.

"You know, he kinda tried to kill me."

"Sorry, I'll put it on the list, too." My brother said, sighing.

"They're going to come looking for you."

"I know." Sharon responded, and Steve smiled.

"Thank you, Sharon."

"I should go." She said, making my brother nod.

"Okay."

•••

Steve drove into the parking lot, parking by a grey van and we all got out.

"Cap." Clint said, and Steve smiled.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice."

"Hey man you're doing me a favour, and besides, I owe a debt." Clint said, and I pulled him in for a hug.

"Thankyou for coming."

"Thanks for having my back." Steve said, and Wanda smiled.

"It was time to get off my ass." She said, and happily hugged me back, too.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked, and Clint opened the sliding door to the van.

"Had to put a little coffee in him, but he should be good."

"What timezone is this?" Scott asked, and Clint ushered for him to get out the car, which he did.

"Woah, Captain America." Scott said, shaking my brother's hand, who gave him a friendly nod.