THIRTY ONE

Stella Rogers

"It wasn't him, Tony." Steve said, and I raised my hands defensively.

"Hydra had control of his mind, you need to understand that." I said, making Loki take his long knives out.

"Move!" Tony yelled, and I shook my head.

"I can't do that."

"Tony, It wasn't him!" Steve exclaimed, grabbing Tony's ankle while he tried to fly after Bucky, smashing the jet on it.

"Go!" I yelled to Bucky, and watched him quickly leap from platform to platform, heading for the hatch.

"He's not going to stop." Steve said to me, and Tony got free of his hold, dancing after Bucky, not going too fast with one busted jet.

Loki attacked Steve, and I looked back at Tony, manipulating a wire to wrap around his armoured throat, holding him back and dragging him further down to me.

Tony retracted him helmet and aimed for the hatch, obviously decided to try and aim for him without his targeting system.

I guess we destroyed it.

He fired and hit the giant hinge, which quickly exploded and cut off Bucky's escape route.

Shit.

I tried to force open the hatch using telekinesis, but it was heavy.

I had to use both hands, which meant I would need to let go of Tony.

If I could get the hatch open quickly enough, I could stop Tony from getting Bucky as soon as the hatch is open.

I released Tony, using both hand to force the hatch open, and Bucky sent me a grateful look before continuing to climb.

Tony flew after him, eventually catching up and getting him in a headlock while Steve and Loki fought behind me.

I watched Bucky say something to Tony, and he pushed them away from the walkway, free falling.

Bucky landed near me, and Tony hit Steve, sending them tumbling down the concrete floor to an opening on my right.

Loki and I traded worried glances, but he quickly masked his and raced after them.

I rushed over to Bucky, letting the hatch slam closed in the process.

"Bucky, now's your chance." I whispered, helping him up.

"I'll open the hatch and you can get out of here."

"No." Bucky stopped me, and I looked at him in both worry and confusion.

"What? Why not?"

"We both know they'll stop at nothing to find me, even if I go into hiding, they'll find me." He pointed out, making me sigh.

He was right.

"This needs to end here, and now."

"Okay, come on." I said, and we rushed down to where I saw Loki go, finding the three of them engaged in a conversation.

"This isn't gonna change what happened."

"I don't care, he killed my mum." Tony said, and threw a punch.

I jumped down to their level, with Bucky following closely behind.

He took on Loki, while I joined Steve in fending off Tony.

My brother threw his shield, hitting it hit Tony in the chest before I caught it, letting Steve punch him before I three the shield back.

Bucky took a knife out just as Loki summoned his daggers, engaging in an evenly matched knife fight.