TWENTY FIVE

Stella Rogers

Stella Rogers

"In position." I whispered, settling in what I assumed was Bucky's apartment.

Steve was in his suit with his shield, taking in the environment around us.

There's a mattress with disheveled covers, and various bits of cheap looking furniture.

"Hey Stell, look at this." Steve said, picking up a notebook from the fridge.

"What is it?" I asked, and my brother opened it up, looking at the various coloured tabs.

"Heads up, twins." Sam snapped us out of it, and I grabbed the book, putting it on the counter.

"German Special Forces, approaching from the south."

"Understood." Steve responded, and I turned around to see Bucky standing behind us.

"Steve." I said lowly, and he slowly turned around to face Bucky with me.

"Do you know me?" My brother asked, and Bucky started at him.

"You're Steve, I read about you in a museum." He said, but his eyes were blank and expressionless.

"They've set the perimeter."

"I know you're nervous, and you have plenty of reason to be." I said, and Steve sighed.

"But you're lying."

"Bucky, do you remember me?" I asked, and he just stared at me.

"I wasn't in Vienna, I don't do that anymore." He said, his voice hoarse.

"They're entering the building."

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now." Steve said, and I took a step toward Bucky, but he took a step back.

"Bucky, they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart, good strategy." He responded, making me sigh.

"They're on the roof, I'm compromised."

"This doesn't have end in a fight, Buck." Steve said, but Bucky shook his head, not believing it.

"It always ends in a fight."

"Five seconds."