THIRTY

Stella Rogers

Steve landed our Quinjet next to the truck ontop the remote icy mountain.

Bucky pulled out rack of guns, and took a light machine gun.

We waited for the exit ramp to descend, and Steve laughed lightly.

"Do you remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?"

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky shot back, and Steve looked at Bucky, making my heart melt.

The iconic duo was back.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead."

"What was her name again?" Bucky asked, and I laughed.

"Dolores, but you called her Dot."

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now." Bucky sighed, but he didn't seem all that sad anymore.

"So are we, pal." Steve said, patting his shoulder comfortingly, and I looked at Bucky.

"I still haven't forgiven you for stealing Dot from me."

"She was gorgeous, could you blame me?" Bucky smiled, and I playfully scoffed.

"She was my best friend!"

"Alright, let's go." Steve said, and we walked to the entrance cautiously, both Steve and Bucky raising their weapons.

The door was still open, so we walked through carefully.

"He couldn't have been here more than a few hours." Steve said, and Bucky looked a little stressed.

"Long enough to wake them up."

"Let's hope he hasn't gotten to that stage yet." I said, and was descended down the elevator, walking down some stairs.

We checked the rooms as we walked past them, finding nothing but abandoned paper work and empty boxes.

"Alright, let's keep going." I sighed, and we walked up a small set of stairs, but a bang from behind me made me jump.

We all turned to see where it was coming from, and noticing it was a set of heavy doors, Bucky raised his gun.

Steve had his shield ready, and I held my hands up in a defensive stance.

"You ready?" Steve asked, and I nodded while Bucky looked at my brother.

"Yeah."

The double doors took some time to part, but they were forced open by Tony.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." I whispered, but Steve just stared at Tony in surprise.

Tony walked toward us, retracting his suit's helmet, while Loki followed him through the doors.

"You seem a little defensive." Tony said, and Loki smirked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Bucky kept his gun up while Steve and I walked over to meet Tony and Loki.

My brother still had his shield covering his body, looking on edge.

"It's been a long day."

"At ease, soldier." Tony said to Bucky, who stayed unmoving.

"We are not currently after you." Loki said, turning to look at me.

"Then why are you here?" Steve asked, and Tony leaned against the wall.

"It could be that your story's not as crazy as it initially seemed." Loki said, making me sigh in relief.