Chapter 26: Epilogue

❝You deserve tobe loved and to bemissed, you deserve to have someone who notices the emptiness in the airwhen you're not around

You deserve to
be loved and to be
missed,
you deserve to have
someone who notices
the emptiness in the air
when you're not around.
-JmStorm

❣︎

"Adrian!" I yell from the backyard. The back door was opened as he was running in and out of the house, grabbing food for the picnic we are doing in the backyard. The sextuplets turned five today and they'll be starting Kindergarten this year so we are enjoying the time with them before they become cranky kids who hate having to get changed out of pajamas and so forth. I don't even know if I'm ready to send my baby's to school.

Dante, my four year old squeals as he runs towards us with his water gun in hand. The twin girls who are four as well—Dante and the twins are eleven months apart—waddle out drenched head to toe in water.

"Dante. Was spraying Adrianna and Nicolette necessary?" I ask as I stand up, my hand going to my swollen stomach. This time around, it's just a single girl. Thank god. I really don't want to push more than one baby out of me this time around. I've tried to negotiate with Adrian that after this one, we are done—but he says we need a huge family. I got no idea what he had in mind, but it terrifies me.

Adrian walks out at Dante sprays me with the water gun. An annoyed growl leaves me as I wipe my eyes. "Dante Figaro! I told you enough with the water gun!" Adrian says sharply, Dante ceasing the streams of water. I uncover my eyes to see him slowly lowering the gun as his eyes were locked with Adrians sharp ones. The twins run towards me and I lean down, picking them up. "Bay Adrianna Alfonso! How many pregnancies do we have to go through with me scolding you to not pick up heavy things or people!" He scolds while taking them from me.

Rocky and River both run out of the house and the kids squeal as they stand to see them. Rocky and River are the highlights of their day. Rocky and River love the kids and the kids love them.

I place a hand on my stomach as I rub it softly. Adrian wraps his arms around me, kissing my neck softly. "Look what we've built. A beautiful family and we have so many more years to go." He says.

Adrian, handsome as ever even in his early thirties. More grays showed in his hair and the age in his face showed slightly from his stressing and fussing at work. He's grown a bit taller some how over the past few years and it annoys me. I'm short as it is, if anything—he should be shrinking!

"I really think we should stop growing our family after Belladonna is born. We know how hard it is managing now. We both have jobs and the sextuplets are starting school and I don't think I am ready for them to go there. Why can't we homeschool them Adrian?" I ask as I stare at my growing babies.