Chapter 20

❝She fell in lovewith him deeply;he was both: a savage and agentleman

She fell in love
with him deeply;
he was both: a
savage and a
gentleman. The
balance made
her feel safe,
and alive.
-s.mcnutt

♥︎

Ellie has drove me home while Enzo took her car home for her. We reach my house and I was nervous. Yesterday I had my surgery for my ankle and they kept me there overnight. I didn't call anyone and I didn't want Ellie to tell anyone.

Adrian has been blowing up my phone since yesterday. I was asleep all night because Ellie has tricked me into taking sleeping drugs. She parks my car and gets the wheelchair out. I lift myself out of the car and into the wheelchair.

She locks my car before pushing me towards the porch. She somehow manages to get me up the steps and she opens the door. "I can manage from here Ellie. Thank you." I say quietly. "It's going to be okay Bay. This is for the best. And Adrian will understand. Just explain." She says softly and I nod.

"I love you. Bye." I say. "I love you too. Bye." She says as she leans down and hugs me. I hug back and she leaves. I stay there for a moment. I reach forwards and twist the doorknob. I push open the door as I push myself in. I close the door and immediately hear rapid footsteps upstairs as they head downstairs. Adrian soon stands there looking at me with red, puffy eyes that looked exhausted. He looked confused as he sees me in the wheelchair.

"You weren't answering my calls or texts. I've been up all night. You were at the diner one minute and you suddenly disappeared. What happened to your ankle? Why are you in a wheelchair instead of using crutches? Why didn't you tell me?" He asks angrily. I hastily wipe away my tear, but he saw it.

He rushes towards me, crouching in front of me. "Beautiful, I'm sorry to upset you. I didnt mean to. I just...I've been so worried about you and you didn't tell me anything." He says.

"I...I lied about stubbing my toe yesterday. I had twisted my ankle on the stairs. Bruno checked it out at work and said I had a third degree sprain. I had I guess broke it by walking on it weird so I uh...went to the hospital." I say. He nods slowly knowing full well there's more.

"I had felt a pain in my stomach." I say quietly and he tenses as he takes my hands in his. "The doctor checking my foot out paged Ellie. She said the babies were in distress because my body was stressed and I was stressed. She then later told me that with the amount of babies I'm carrying right now is dangerous. Especially with my height as well. My spine can't handle it that well because I'm so heavy. She thinks that's part of it." I explain as more tears leave my eyes.

"She wants me on bed rest the rest of the pregnancy." I say quietly and I see many emotions in his eyes. "Why didn't you call so I could be there with you?" He asks.