Chapter 2

❝It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring

It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
-Marilyn Monroe

♥︎

It's been two weeks and man, I couldn't be happier. We paid to get the foundation and the diner built, but we want to do the painting and decorating ourselves so that's what me, mom and Beto have been working on today.

I was walking down the sidewalk from the diner towards a little place to get us snacks when Bravo, Bruno and a man I don't recognize were walking down this way.

I have been fake ignoring my brothers since two weeks ago. Well, besides Beto of today because I broke and admitted it was a prank so I should do it now.

"Bay!" Bruno says and I stop in front of the three tall men. "We will let you marry this...guy." He said in distaste and I giggle.

"You've been pranked again! Who had a blond moment now! I ain't actually marrying some blond. Blonds aren't my type. You should know that. Plus, I'm waiting for a decent guy to just breeze his way into my life." I say and the two of them look so lost.

"Jeez, Beto took this better than you too. Well maybe that's because he isn't blond. The smartest blonde in the world is mom." I said.

"Your telling me, you ignored us for two weeks for a prank." Bravo said. "Of course. Guess who helped me with this entire prank." I said excitedly.

"Obviously not mom." He said. "So, I was coming home from the airport talking to my cab driver, Jude. We are bestest of the best friends now. We've been talking since then and actually met up a few times. Anyhow I was like, I want to prank my brothers. I had went on and on about how I knew you three dorks were going to go all protective crap on me again so he suggested to fake an engagement and helped me plan the whole scheme out. He even helped me pick an engagement ring." I said I took the ring off and held it out in my hand.

"That's real." Bruno said. "Yeah...do you happen to have any friends who plan to purpose because I don't really need this now. Oh never mind! I'm sure I can go find a random person who really needs a ring, but are having trouble. I left my phone back at the diner. Text mom for me and tell her to send Beto for lunch because now I have other things to do." I said.

"Nice try little sister. You can't just go ask strangers that. What if they try to kidnap you?" Bravo asked. "I'm Bay." I say ignoring my brother and talking to the guy.

"Adrian Alfonzo." He said. "Hey! You must be Italian!" I said and he chuckles while nodding. "Yeah." He said with a small grin.