Chapter 6

❝To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return

To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return.❞  
-Madonna

♥︎

"Momma!" I exclaim as I walk into the living room where she was hanging out with my brothers. "Sweetie, inside voice." She chuckles softly as she looks at me.

"Sorry." I say shyly. "It's fine sweetie. Is everything alright?" She asks as she turns herself towards me more. "Well...I'm going on a date with Adrian and I need some help getting ready." I said. 

"I was just waiting for you to ask. After all, he sent me a text about how to get you dressed up. So I went to the mall and got a few things." She said excitedly as she stands up. My brothers studied me.

"Don't you think you're taking this a bit fast with Adrian?" Bruno asked. "Bruno!" Mom scolds. "I just don't want her to get hurt momma." He said. "Adrian is a good man. He wouldn't hurt her." She said.

"I mean...I know Adrian mom. He just hasn't been in any relationships for a few years. He became a workaholic and I just don't want her to get hurt." He said as Bravo nods in agreement. Beto rolls his eyes.

"Adrian was waiting for the right woman to come along which happens to be Bay." He said. Bravo and Bruno narrow their eyes at him. "She isn't a woman Beto. She is a baby. A baby!" Bravo snaps.

"She is no baby Bravo! She is a woman! She is twenty three years old and she is a walking genius! She wants to be happy so let her be happy dammit!" Beto exclaims angrily.

Mom starts to drag me towards the stairs as the boys argue. We reach her room and she grabs a few bags before leading me into my room. The boys were still arguing and I couldn't help, but roll my eyes.

"Okay. I know you always say you want to wait to marriage, but who says you guys just can't help it. You guys just want to you guys know, clash and bang." She said.

"Mom!" I groan. "I'm just saying which is why I found some very cute lingerie for you to wear underneath your dress." She said as she pulls out a white pair of lingerie.

"Mom! I'm waiting till marriage and that's final!" I groan once again as my face flushes in embarrassment. "You never know." She said with a grin.

"Now go put this on and then put your robe on over it. We will put your dress on after your hair, makeup and nails are done." She said as she hands me the lingerie. I nod as I went to the bathroom where I strip out of my clothes to put on the white, lace lingerie set.

My breasts were pushed up in the top half which made me a little self conscious. The bottoms hardly cover my bum which made me more uncomfortable in lingerie.

I sigh as I pull the robe on and tie the strings tightly. I walk out and mom was heating up the curling iron. She smiles as she motions me to sit and I do.

"Are you excited?" She asks as she starts by brushing my hair. "Yeah, but I'm a little nervous." I said as I fiddle with my fingers. "It happens on all first dates sweetie. You'll be alright though." She said reassuringly.

"Okay. I just...what if he realizes he doesn't want to be with me?" I ask fearfully. "Sweetie! Don't think like that. It will all go well. Adrian looks at you how all woman crave to be looked at." She said.

"I guess so." I mumble. "Sweetie, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You're going to have so much fun tonight. What has it been now? A month and three weeks since you guys started dating? No! Two and a half months because the day after you guys got together the diner opened!" She exclaims.

"I know. It's just our first date. Like out and about without the boys checking on us which I do by the way find unnecessary." I said. She chuckles. "I know, but they finished so many chores that day when I tried to keep them away from you guys." She said with a giggle.

"I'm just waiting for him to pop the question! I can already imagine your guys wedding!" She says with a dreamy sigh. "Is bad that I hope he does too?" I ask and we both start to giggle like a couple of school girls. "No! I completely get it." She said.

♥︎

I look at myself in the mirror once again. Mom had gone downstairs to let Adrian in. My hair was in loose curls which made me look younger than I am. I wore a white mid thigh dress that made me feel smaller than I am. I wore white high heels and my nails were painted pink.

The pink matched my lipstick and we did a natural color for my eyeshadow. All together, it was a cute look.

"Sweetie! Are you finished in there?" Mom asks, knowing full well I'm done getting ready. I chuckle as I walk towards the door and I open it. She grins widely in excitement. "You look so gorgeous!" She squeals and I giggle as I blush slightly.

"Momma, thank you for helping me get ready." I said as I hug her. She hugs me back. "Of course sweetie." She said. She kisses my forehead and I kiss her cheek.

She led me down the stairs and Adrian looks back at me as my brothers did the same. My brothers gape at me in shock with wide eyes as Adrian smiles.

"You look gorgeous, beautiful." He said as he walks towards me, leaning down to kiss my forehead. I blush a bit more and kiss his cheek. "Thank you." I said shyly. He chuckles as an arm wraps around my waist. "Bye bubs. I love you guys and I'll see you probably tomorrow. I doubt you guys will be up from your early morning. Momma, I love you." I said. "I love you too sweetie. Have fun." She said and I nod my head softly.

"But, not too much!" My brothers all yell in sync causing me to blush. Adrian chuckles deeply and said his farewells before he led me outside.

"You look handsome." I said shyly and he smiles. "Thank you, beautiful." He said as he led me towards his car.