Chapter 22

❝The very fact that youworry about being agood mommeans that you are one

The very fact that you
worry about being a
good mom
means that you
are one.
-Jodi Picoult

♥︎

Frazzled was the best way I could describe what I was feeling as being a new mom of not one, but six babies.

I want to be the best mom for them and I want them to remember I'm a good mom, not a bad one. It makes me nervous and fearful if I even come close to messing something up.

They are six months old and they are getting big. Adrian is back at work and my maternity leave is over, but the family understand I got six babies to take care of during the day so they don't mind if I can't come in some days of the week. Sometimes even after Adrian gets home, I still take care of the kids because he comes home exhausted and frustrated.

I'm exhausted. It takes me back to when I wasn't sleeping from the nightmares I was having about my dads death. "Bay!" Bruno exclaims as he walks in the house. I open my eyes quickly from my almost dozed off state. I turn around and look at him.

"You won't believe what just happened." He says as he sits down in front of me. "What happened?" I ask, smiling widely even though I just wanted to sleep.

"So, I was at work when I heard music. Music okay. Bravo, Beto and Adrian were grinning as they quickly leave. I follow not long after and everyone was standing there in lines. Brianna was at the front, grinning widely at me. They all started dancing!" He exclaims. Oh no...I missed it. Brianna had talked to me about these only a month ago.

"I was so confused and then at the end of the song, Brianna gets on one knee and purposes! She purposes and I said yes of course." He says happily showing me the ring. It was a two toned ring. The edges of it was gold while the middle was black diamonds all the way around. I smile widely at him. "That's amazing Bruno! I'm so happy for you!" I say as I lean across and hug him. He hugs me back.

When we pull away, he isn't grinning anymore. He looks concerned. "Bay, are you alright? You haven't really actually been yourself since the sextuplets were born." He says worried.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine." I say while smiling through the tiredness. "Don't lie to me Bay. Tell me what's going on." He says as the front door opens. "Bay, you weren't there." Brianna says upset. "Baby, it's alright. She was here with the sextuplets." Bruno says, not wanting to add onto my stress. I think he thinks he knows what's going on, but he isn't so sure.

"She said she would get a sitter." Brianna whispers. "Bri, I'm so sorry. I totally forgot it was today." I say as I stand up and turn around. She gasps. "Jesus Bay! You look exhausted! When is the last time you slept?!" She exclaims as she nears me. "I really don't know. I'm fine. I am." I say as I manage a shaky smile.