Chapter 18

❝We found each other in this crazy and messed up and fucking beautiful world because we belong together,we belong in each other's arms and we are connectedby more than love, bymore than commitment, bymore than even fate itself for the simple reaso...

We found each other
in this crazy and messed up
and fucking beautiful world
because we belong together,
we belong in each other's
arms and we are connected
by more than love, by
more than commitment, by
more than even fate itself
for the simple reason
that your presence is the
only thing I will ever
truly want.
-a.r.asher

  ♥︎

Things seem to be better between Adrian and I, but I still was a little iffy on just...letting it go. I know I was being cautious and he knew that too. I knew it was getting on his nerves. I knew he just wanted me to let it go, but I can't just forget it. I could only forgive.

"Beautiful, please stop that." He growls in frustration. I was at the counter cutting up some fruit while bacon and French toast cooks.

"Stop what?" I question as I continue to cut up some fruit. "Your being distant and cold to me." He says and I frown. "I don't want to break down again. I'm just protecting myself." I say sadly.

"Beautiful, I promise I won't do that to you. Never again." He says softly. "Love, I wish I could just take your words and believe them, but I can't. Not after all the times you broke them." I say with a frown.

"Beautiful, listen. I know I broke my word in the past, but I won't ever again. I don't want to risk our relationship because I need you in my life. I want to come home and hug you close and tell you how much I love you. I can't wait until our babies grow up a bit so they come running towards us for a hug. I can't wait for so much more life with you. I do hope for some more kids in the future." He says as a cheeky grin spreads across his face.

I chuckle. "After these first six get a little older. Maybe age two." I said. "I'd be thirty because my twenty eighth is coming up!" He exclaims with wide eyes. I giggle. "Well, at least you'll be a dad before thirty. If it makes you feel better, you don't even look a day over twenty five." I say and he smiles.

"You think?" He asks. "Well aside from the few grey hairs I see." I tease and he gasps as he runs out of the kitchen. I break into a giggling mess as my brothers walk into the kitchen confused, pointing back towards the direction Adrian went.

I chuckle as Beto, Bravo and Bruno sit at one of the bar stools. "Well, I told him he didn't look a day over twenty five before saying aside from the few grey hairs I see." I giggle and they chuckle.

"How was your appointment?" Beto asks as he glances at my stomach. "I'm surprised you haven't heard it around that house yet." I giggle and they nod their heads in agreement.