Chapter 21

❝She is a addictivebecause she possesses a pure heart and a dirty mind

She is a addictive
because she possesses
a pure heart
and a dirty mind.
-JmStorm

♥︎

I'm due any day now and I couldn't be more relieved. Adrian and I have done a lot of online shopping for the sextuplets since I can't leave bed. We had a baby shower which was nice and I have a big feeling that these babies are going to be spoiled.

Adrian and I figured out the rest of the names for the sextuplets. My family only knows of Emilio Laurent Alfonzo, Carmela Daniela Alfonzo, and Nicoli Napoleon Alfonzo. The rest are secret until the day they are delivered.

We decide the safer option with the pandemic going on is a home birth. We have six bassinets in the room because we want to keep the sextuplets in our room for the first couple weeks.

Adrian works at the desk in our room everyday. I love him for staying here to help take care of me, but the phone calls he has to take kill me because they are so long and annoying.

I think I only find it annoying because I don't understand what they are talking about. It's about time he gets on his hour lunch break which he goes downstairs, makes us lunch and then we eat in our bed.

I was rubbing my stomach softly. I had my shirt pulled up so I was exposing my stomach. They have been kicking a lot today and it's so...awing to watch.

It makes your heart feel like it's overwhelmed. Ellie walks into our bedroom with Enzo following her. Mom, ma, pops and papá were soon in here as well.

"What's going on?" Adrian asks as he glances up. Ellie gives me a confused look. "I'm pretty sure I'm having contractions. I was going to tell you, but you were on the phone. I also don't really like to bother you while you work." I say as Ellie pulls the machine for an ultrasound closer. It also will read whether your having contractions or not. Really, this machine does a lot.

Enzo watches Ellie lovingly as she works. She squirts some of the cold gel on my stomach as Adrian tries to work, but I know he was concerned. In a few minutes, he was standing at the end of the bed watching my stomach with concerned eyes.

"They aren't Braxton Hicks. You are indeed in labor. You caught it pretty earlier. Are you sure you don't want an epidural?" She questions. "I'm positive." I say.

"Beautiful, are you sure? I mean, you are pushing six of them out of you. Don't you think that will be a bit painful, causing stress?" He questions.

"I'm a Carter in the blood, I got this." I say as I grin while waving it off. Mom and papá snort as they look at each other. "Emilio." They say in sync and I get what their insinuating. "Hey!" I exclaim.