Chapter 14

18+ Content

❝To love someone deeplygives your strength

To love someone deeply
gives your strength. Being
loved by someone deeply gives
you courage.
-Lao Tzu

♥︎

It was quiet as Adrian drove us back home. We were both extremely tired after all the dancing and karaoke we joined in on. We talked to so much family and we have so many wedding gifts in the back of the car.

We decided to wait to open them until we got home. Mom and papá had to take some in their car. So, did ma and pops.

I held the cards and the well wishes box that is full. I'm glad we went with the biggest one we could find. Then we had what is called an argument box. Me and Adrian wrote love letters to each other for when we have our first fight as a married couple. We had a cool Polaroid guestbook as well. I held all these on my lap as Adrian drove in silence.

He parks the car and pulls his phone out and starts to do something. I open my car door and somehow manage to get out with everything. I close the door with my foot as I walk towards the house. I set the stuff on the table next to the door and grabbed my keys out of my purse.

I unlock the door and turn the light on. I grab the stuff and head towards the living room. I set the items I had on the table. I heard the front door shut. "Shouldn't that stay open until we get everything inside?" I question as I turn around and gasp as I saw my fathers murderer. He was in an orange jumpsuit that prisoners wear and he lunges at me.

Marcelo Jones

"Why did she shut the door?" Adrian asks as he got out of the car. "She was just in the living room. That's impossible." Balbina said. My phone dings and I look down.

Jackson Denver escaped from prison! We believe he is heading to Bay Carters house to end what he started! We are on our way there.

I hastily open the car door as I heard something in the house break. I grab my gun as Adrian was being held back by his father. Camilla held back Balbina and I ran towards the house. I kick open the door to see Bay putting up a fight as Jackson tries to bring the knife down to her chest.

I lunge at him, tackling him off Bay who took the knife from him. Jackson punches me in the face, but I punched him back, but a few more times than once. I pull him up with me as I walk out, dragging him along with me. Balbinas face became angry like everyone else's.

"Get the cuffs out of my console Balbina." I said and she did as told. I cuff his hands behind his back as many police cars pulled into the yard and the driveway. My captain and other officers ran towards us knowing full well of who Bay is. Emilio was friends with everyone in the unit. That was his other family which is why Bay invited them over for a party since these guys couldn't make it to the wedding.