Sweet Revenge (A Short Story)

lol got last minute inspiration and am avoiding my summer homework

idk how much of this is lore accurate but let's just slay for now for bestie xiomara especially the part about merciless since im still not over what happened it's really fuzzy in my memory

literally if they wanted, the nocturnes could destroy whatever. they just don't want to, let's not forgot that one time joyous absolutely annihilated that one rytsar who never spoke again. xiomara also almost killed sidian which was stolen from her, and she and her besties also totally hacked the old terminal aka pc. add on in the comments if you have stuff I forgot I'm mostly looking at you aaliyah you know all the swag lore

they literally did nothing unprovoked

i heart xiomara and i am going to give her exactly what she deserves, which is great's head on a spike French Revolution style and explosives to blow up the planet <3

The Final City was in ruins. Nothing could be done to save it.

Most of the buildings had already crumbled to pieces, and in the distances the sounds of them falling echoed back. The roads, which hadn't been amazing to start, were crunched to a fine gravel that stuck to whatever touched it. The already existing holes in the ground with inuine leaks were now pits of fire that only grew by the second. Street signs were toppled over, bent or gone altogether. The city hall building was in the distance, consumed in a thick black smoke. Any natural light was extinguished by the hovering smoke in the air. The train station was flooded with a mixture of water and oil, making the surface sheen rainbow. While there was blood scattered through the streets, no bodies were in sight. A discarded Civil Police hat hung on wall next to a large high velocity blood spatter, ominously clean. Clumps of hair and shattered glass shards littered the streets, particularly outside of doorways.

The statue of the Majesty was still standing somehow, however their head was sliced off. Their neck was crumbled and their head was laying smashed on the ground nearby. The body itself had holes clean through it. Splattered with a black substances, the once pearly statue was unrecognizable. The base, which once payed respects to them for building the nation, was graffitied with various statements about how Great sucked and how the Noctures didn't. The real thing was standing in front of Xiomara in front of the ruined statue, and she was determined to make them fall from glory.

"We meet again." Xiomara refused to utter the name of her opponent. She stared them down, her visible eye narrowed.

"Greetings, Director Nocturne." They responded tonelessly, not turning away from her.

"You sound troubled, my dear. Care to tell me what's wrong?" She chucked a little, leaning again the remnants of their statue. They simply stared at her, then moving to stare at what she was leaning on. "This? Oh, you silly Vorbeckian. This is mine now. Isn't it beautiful now? Besides, didn't Sidian ever tell you to share?"

"What do you want." Great said, as if to be asking a question, although it sounded like a statement.

"Demanding things isn't going to get you anywhere. You can't hide behind a terminals anymore or send those pathetic machines after my people anymore." She got up onto the base of the statue, and with a simple blast of her gun, she knocked out one of the legs out from under it. It made serval loud cracking sounds, before tumbling down with a push in the right direction from Xiomara. It fell next to Great, who didn't flinch despite their clothes fluttering from the sudden fallen object. It shattered into hundreds of thousands of pieces, showering Great day in fragments of themselves, yet they held still.

She hopped off the now deserted disk and went to the head. She picked up the largest piece, holding it in front of her to admire before crushing it in her hands. She dusted her hands of the dust before talking again. "There, I'm all done cleaning up."