Ingenuity (Unpredictable x reader)

For this concept to work, I'll have to give you a name, which I don't usually do because I want you to feel connected to the story, but it'll be confusing if I don't. I love the idea of the same plot line from two different perspectives. Again, a language warning. Mx. main character has an anger problem (and Macabre). With no further ado, enjoy.

(Edit: should mention this takes place in an au where the dawns like never died lmao, and since I changed around some names, for my older readers, Poppy is now Cypress and Dalia is now Aster. they still stick with the flower theme and are gender neutral to match with the changing of the pronouns :D)

(Y/L/N) = Your last name

I woke up with my head pounding. At first, I thought I'd fallen asleep in my workshop again. I'd learnt from experience that hammers and screwdrivers don't make the best pillow. I sat up blinking. I quickly realized two things; I couldn't see anything, and this wasn't my workshop. My workshop was never this quiet. There was always some kind of humming invention of mine in the background. I continued blinking, but it wasn't working. I felt up my face and found a thick metal band covering my eyes. I tried my best not to panic and try to figure out where I was.

"Hello?" I called out tentatively.

"Cypress? Is that you?" I heard the voice of my sibling, Aster, call out from somewhere around me.

"Yes! Do you know where we are? I can't see anything. Do you know what this thing on my head is?" I moved my head around carefully to try and find which direction their voice was coming from.

"I'm not sure, but I think we would need some kind of key to get it off. As for where we are, I haven't got the slightest clue." Aster responded. I was glad I wasn't claustrophobic.

"Alright. I'm gonna try and figure out what's around here. You don't move. I don't want you getting hurt." I stood up from what felt like a very stiff bed. I stuck my arms out and felt around for a wall. As I did, I heard laughing.

"Huh? Who's there?" I stopped and whipped my head in every direction.

"Me, you [IDIOTIC] engineer." A deep voice growled from somewhere in front of me.

"Engineer and genius inventor to you. And who's me? I can't see, remember?" I corrected them.

"Stop being a smart [ASS] and shut your mouth before I shoot you." The same voice responded. Since I couldn't get a good look at them, I kept my mouth shut.

"As I was going to say, my boss needs the two of you. You're going to come with me. No struggle or I'll shoot you." I jumped when I heard a metal door scrape open. Someone roughly grabbed me, their nails digging into my bare forearm. They didn't give me a chance to gain my footing, so they were pretty much just dragging me. I heard another metal door open and heard my sibling, Aster, gasp.

"Aster!" My sibling came towards the sound of my voice, and I was able to grab them. I hugged them as best as I could.

"Yay, happy family reunion. Now let's go." They grabbed my arm again and kept pulling me. At least this time I had Aster's hand to hold. The person leading us took many turns and unlocked a couple doors. I heard Aster hit a couple corners, which I apologized for. They stopped without giving us a warning, and the two of us crashed into their back.

"Watch it!" They hissed.

"Shesh. Sorry." I muttered back. My sibling cuddled closer to me as the person knocked on a door.

"I've got them." They said.

"Ah, thank you Otherwordly. Please come in." A new voice said. Who I now knew as Otherwordly opened a door and brought the two of us inside another room. They suddenly stepped away from me, leaving Aster and I stranded.