Nail Polish? (Scary & reader)

Listen man I found this and one other thing in my drafts that I don't remember making whatsoever so here, have it. I don't understand it either

my shorts do be lookin kinda fine tho, maybe I should make more 😳

-----------------------

"Scary!" I called our from my bedroom.

"What? What happened?" He ran in with his gun drawn, his usual resting angry face on. He came in to see me on the floor by me bed surrounded by dusty boxes.

"Oh, nothing. I just wanted to show you this." I opened the box in my hands again, and shook it. Dust flew everywhere as I patted the lid after setting it off to the side.

"What the [HELL] is that?" He doubled over to get a better look at what was in my box. I passed it up to him for a moment, before he quickly gave it back. He put his gun away, and ruffled my hair to get all the dust out of it. I hadn't touched the stuff under my bed in ages, so I could only imagine how dusty my closet was.

"Why do you have all of that?" He asked, scowling.

"My old roommate left it here ages ago and just never took it back when he moved out. He was pretty nice, though he probably would've been too cheerful for you." I smiled at the memory of my old roommate. "You know, I miss him."

"So why do you need me here again? I have better things to be doing with my time than talking about your old roommate and a box of nail polish." He made to leave, but I grabbed his ankle.

"Pleaseeeee stay with me." I pleaded. He looked at me condescendingly for a couple moments before sighing.

"Alright, fine." He frowned at me again after sitting down beside me.

"That didn't take much, did it?" I giddily smiled at him, making him narrow his eyes at me even more.

"What are we even doing?" He peered into the box I was ruffling around in. The box with the nail polish in it was a shoe box filled to the brim with a rainbow assortment of colors. In another smaller box, there were things needed for a basic manicure, such as nail files and nail polish remover. This one happened to be non-acetone based, which I appreciated.

"I'm not really sure, but I have something I want to test on you that I might as well do now anyways." I shrugged, continuing to go through the nail polish colors. I held an attractive light blue up to the light, shaking it a bit.

"Then I'm leaving. Forget I ever agreed to stay." He got back and made to leave again when I pulled out my phone.

"I'll just call Radiant then. He'll be more interested in the nail polish anyways." I knew those words stung him. He froze. I knew he acted like he didn't care, but he didn't like me spending too much time with Radiant, even though we probably considered each other a good friend of the other. He huffed, before wheeling around to sit beside me again, all wordlessly.

"Awesome. Well, I've actually been taking classes about manicuring, and you lucky bastard you, you're my first victim, er, I mean test subject." I enthusiastically passed him the box of colored polishes. "So pick one."

"I-" He was probably about to disagree again, but I held up my phone with Radiant's contact information open. I used my free hand to hover over the call button. He began sifting through the polishes after that. I cleared some space on the floor, and got our everything I needed to do a manicure on him. I decided to skip a few steps since I technically didn't need to do them. I didn't think soaking his hands or going through any of that stuff was necessary.

After he had his polish picked out, I quickly went through the process of prepping his nails before applying a base coat. He ended up picking my favorite color, so obviously I teased him about it.

"Anyway reason in particular why you picked this color? It's a nice color." I shook the bottle, seeing how much was left.

"No." He narrowed his eyes again.

"You sure?" I opened the bottle after a little intense twisting. Scary tried to take it from my to open it himself, but I had already told him he couldn't since his nail polish was drying.

"Yep." He looked at a box to my left instead of at me, making me laugh a little. I didn't press him any further as I wanted to focus on doing the polish. Soon enough, I was done.

"Look at you! You look fabulous!" I spread out his fingers a little more to look at the end results. His nails were fairly long, so I took the liberty of shaping them into coffins. They had needed some reinforcement, but that wasn't too much extra work. Sometimes I wondered how he functioned with those. The polish itself glistened under the light, meaning it still needed time to dry.

"They're ok. How much longer do I need to sit here like this? I have other things I need to do." He took his hands back from me to look at the polish himself.

"At least twenty more minutes." I lied about how long he'd to sit there for. It was definitely ten minutes at most, but I just loved bothering him.

"You're kidding." He looked close to slamming his head into my bed frame.

"Ruin it, and I need to redo it, meaning the clock resets." I stuck out my tongue at him. I got up with everything I'd used to clean it.

"Be back soon!"

"I hate you."

-----------------------

Short for me, but we workin on a time limit- less than a thousand words too 👀👀

-JustAnotherWeasley13

(Word Count: 997)